• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NCAA APR scores released today, Wake basketball last in ACC

Based on the above data, could someone "fact check" the following?: We have found that there is a high correlation between outstanding academic performance and athletic performance.

I am interested in the "high correlation" that the athletic department has found -- based on the above, this can be easily refuted or confirmed with regards to Men's basketball.

It is now obvious that we will once again, for the third year in the row, be the last place ACC team in the Director's Cup competition. Since the APR covers a multi-year (4) period, I'd say that a comparison of Wake's APR with Wake's 3 year Director's Cup performance could be a valid indicator. That comparison would lead one to conclude that there is a pretty strong inverse correlation. (I.e. That data indicates that a high APR COULD be an indicator of poor athletic performance but a high APR is definitely NOT an indicator of successful athletic performance.)

I would also point out that our dissembling AD's statement (in bold above) did not preclude the possibility of an inverse correlation.

Last edited:
Back