• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NCAA APR scores released today, Wake basketball last in ACC

Completely unacceptable. Heads need to roll. Burn the MFer to the ground.

Just to recap, Wake Forest sucks in pretty much every sport, our players are not performing well academically, and we just hired a guy who was punished by the SEC for cooking the books at Krispy Kreme. Did I miss anything?

Is there a link to the info in the OP? It needs to be sent to some... key people.

Noticed that South Carolina's football team's APR was 960 so......Wake hoops finished lower than an SEC football team not named Vandy. Nice work to all involved.

The article implies our score is from 2008-09 to 2011-12. So half Dino and half Bz.
I say implies, because they note that time frame when referring to A&T's score at the beginning of the article.

Jeffrey "DFL" [Redacted]!

I'm sure that RW puts all of this on Dino as only Dino/Skip "recruits" have been in a position to graduate so far. To the extent the WF Athletic Department makes any statement regarding the APR, this will be used to justify the culture change.

FWIW, as along as WF is above the NCAA threshold, the APR rating means little. For example, if 5 years from now, WF has the top ACC APR, but continues to scrape along the bottom of the ACC, would it matter?

I know everyone looks to jump on Bz for everything, but this is piling on. Just don't see WF APR as the best ground to look to hammer Bz.

I did one of my normal fire off a jackass email to Hatch, Wellman, and Bz and actually got a response from Ron.

Subject title was same as thread. My email said:

"Winning with integrity! Check's in the mail, fellas!

NOT"

Ron:

Ryan-

Yes, the APR's were not good last year for reasons that have been well publicized. You will be glad to know that this year's APR is a perfect 1000 which will obviously be #1 in the ACC and the country. These results will be released by the NCAA a year from now. Winning with integrity will always be our highest priority.

Go Deacs!"

Winning actually seems to place pretty low down on the priority list.

There is nothing this guy can't lose. Have a winning problem? That can be [Redacted]'d, don't your worry.

Subject title was same as thread. My email said:

"Winning with integrity! Check's in the mail, fellas!

NOT"

Ron:

Ryan-

Yes, the APR's were not good last year for reasons that have been well publicized. You will be glad to know that this year's APR is a perfect 1000 which will obviously be #1 in the ACC and the country. These results will be released by the NCAA a year from now. Winning with integrity will always be our highest priority.

Go Deacs!"

And by "well publicized" he means "vague references to culture problems," I assume?

Back