• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

News and Observer's Luke DeCock talks about Bzzz

You're a fucking clown. Do you not realize that the people on this board are hard-core Wake fans whose lives are effected by how Wake does on the court and field? That's the reason we're here- WE GIVE A SHIT. Wake matters to us. There isn't a swinging dick on this board who hasn't, at some point in life, gone into a full-aught melt-down over a loss to Duke or UNC or gone ape-shit with euphoria over an interception returned for a TD or game-ending sack of the opposing QB. The leadership of Wake is largely non-alumni. Don't forget that. These people are university employees and to expect their loyalty to extend anywhere beyond a paycheck is absurd. That's just the reality. As for athletes, there's plenty of bullshit that gets said here and in the stands during games but it's generally not well-received and usually uttered only in the heat of the situation. Either way, they're still college athletes, hopefully students, and fellow classmates or alumni. That should earn them some leeway.

Furthermore, where do you get your information? A vast majority of WF fans are willing to take a wait and see approach? What ass did you pull that out of? Making ridiculous claims and repeating them, as karma said earlier, simply isn't going to make it true. I don't know of a SINGLE WF alumnus who doesn't feel shame and apologetic about the state of WF Basketball. Other than you, of course, if you are even an alumnus. Being in the ass-end of the standings in the conference pisses us off- because we care about WF. If it doesn't piss you off too, burn your diploma and get a UNC shirt like bobknightfan. Either way, spare us the lecture about how dangerous and vitriolic we are about something that is such a big part of our lives.

Preach it brother!

Jason has posted on this board before, IIRC, so it can't be him or the mods would know. This guy sounds like Ilovethedeacons plus about 50 IQ points.

I don't recall jason using foul language. Let me assure you, it isn't him. The nerd mods have examined this closely, blackgold is an unknown.

While I disagree with blackgold, I don't get why most folks haven't settled into reality. All this vitriol is so pointless.

The facts are we won five or six more games than last year and if we win five or six more than this year next year, it will make for a pretty good season. Despite what a few crack pots think, we all know that next year is the make or break year for Bzd. If next year is not a bubble year and we pull into the middle of the ACC, Bzd is gone. That's as close to reality as we know and it seems to be pretty logical.

Some of you, if that were to happen, will still want him gone, but the next year he really does need to be within the 3-5 range in the ACC to extend his career here. It's pretty straight forward. All the noise on either side of this is Dorts on jorts I suppose.

Edited to add that I appreciate lectro, I mean blackgold, giving us Dorito dust on jorts. I will be forever grateful for that.

The ultimate fear is that [Redacted] will continually get to around the bubble with 18-20 wins but never generate any sustained success and stick around for many more years. Wellman seems to love this "culture", so he might put up with mediocrity with this guy as our coach more than he would some other guy being in charge.

The ultimate fear is that [Redacted] will continually get to around the bubble with 18-20 wins but never generate any sustained success and stick around for many more years. Wellman seems to love this "culture", so he might put up with mediocrity with this guy as our coach more than he would some other guy being in charge.

This is my fear dude.

This post reminds me of someone...

:werd: It appears a certain poster has taken to logging on via his cell phone or someone else's connection in order to hide his identity. Not all that unexpected from someone who has been offered many chances to show up and meet fellow Wake fans but has chosen to take shots at people from anonymity instead.

While I disagree with blackgold, I don't get why most folks haven't settled into reality. All this vitriol is so pointless.

The facts are we won five or six more games than last year and if we win five or six more than this year next year, it will make for a pretty good season. Despite what a few crack pots think, we all know that next year is the make or break year for Bzd. If next year is not a bubble year and we pull into the middle of the ACC, Bzd is gone. That's as close to reality as we know and it seems to be pretty logical.

Some of you, if that were to happen, will still want him gone, but the next year he really does need to be within the 3-5 range in the ACC to extend his career here. It's pretty straight forward. All the noise on either side of this is Dorts on jorts I suppose.

Edited to add that I appreciate lectro, I mean blackgold, giving us Dorito dust on jorts. I will be forever grateful for that.

Very soon the season will be over and we swing into the long months of no football and no basketball. I think a little vitriol is a completely rational thing after these past two seasons. This board exists for this very purpose... well, that and to damage our recruiting efforts.

The only thing confusing me is lectro wouldn't take a jort reference as an insult.

I don't know how many times it has to be repeated: I am not a troll. I am a Wake graduate and a true believer in our athletic leadership. I learned the lessons of patience and hard work on the farms of the Sandhills. In farming you take what you get and understand that it's all part of God's plan.

Get used to my voice of reason. It will be here to dispel the delusions of groupthink whenever they rise. It's like the Stanford Prison Experiment around here.

I fully expect Bzzz to be back the year after next if we pull a 5-11 or 6-10 season next year.

this terrifies me.

The only thing confusing me is lectro wouldn't take a jort reference as an insult.

lectro has 171 IP addresses associated with his name. I really doubt he hasn't posted from his smart phone before.

I doubt it's lectro

Back