• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

News and Observer's Luke DeCock talks about Bzzz

Not sure how anyone could think that was a shill piece. The author spends the first 40% of the article talking about what a lousy job Bzz has done, spends the next 40% talking about our basketball history while slipping in a couple of weak excuses for Bzz, then again says he's doing a bad job before saying it's just too early to tell. A more accurate title would have been, "Bzz sucks, but things may get better."

Excellent post. This was no "shill" piece except for those readers so blinded w/ hatred for Bzz that any piece not calling for his immediate execution gets denounced as a "shill" piece. More than anything this article is an indirect slam at Wellman, who has presided over the destruction of Wake basketball during both the Gaudio and Bzz eras.

And how Wake basketball was destroyed during a 61-31 tenure is an interesting question. Post-season failure aside, which happens to the best of programs, I didn't see Gaudio in trouble with the NCAA nor his players in trouble with the law. Gaudio had his hands full after Skip's death. The unanswered question is why did Wellman extend his contract if he thought the program was... ah screw it. We've argued this to death. Enjoy the death spiral with the sock puppet.

Sorry, guys. I am not here to "get a rise" out of anyone. More likely, your insistence that I am a troll reflects your own egomania: "How dare someone disagree with me!" The truth is: Outside of this rabid fan forum, a vast majority of everyday Wake Forest fans, though not happy with today's state of things, are willing to take a wait and see approach.

Fan forums are always an aggregation point for the lunatic fringe and rarely reflect the everyday follower of college athletics. What makes this board exceptionally dangerous is the unmoderated and vitriolic "discussion," mostly insults, of Wake Forest athletes and leadership.

On the other hand, fans of the European Slap Fighting Circuit (professional soccer) would find this board a little slice of heaven.

The truth is: Outside of this rabid fan forum, a vast majority of everyday Wake Forest fans, though not happy with today's state of things, are willing to take a wait and see approach.

2m4u1qw.jpg

As this picture (and every picture of a home game this year) shows, its more of a "wait and see what else is on TV that night" instead of going to the game.

I've not met a casual Wake fan yet with a wait and see approach. They all want Buzz gone; most realize however he is here for another year and have found other things to to do to entertain themselves until that day when Wellman says "I fucked up, Buzz Out".

Outside of this rabid fan forum, a vast majority of everyday Wake Forest fans, though not happy with today's state of things, are willing to take a wait and see approach.

You are a clown. Beyond the lunatic fringe, no one cares anymore. Our vitriol and disgust is still better than the vast majority's complete and total apathy.

Yes, most fans have taken a wait and see approach. They will wait and see a game at the Joel some other year.

Sorry, guys. I am not here to "get a rise" out of anyone. More likely, your insistence that I am a troll reflects your own egomania: "How dare someone disagree with me!" The truth is: Outside of this rabid fan forum, a vast majority of everyday Wake Forest fans, though not happy with today's state of things, are willing to take a wait and see approach.

Fan forums are always an aggregation point for the lunatic fringe and rarely reflect the everyday follower of college athletics. What makes this board exceptionally dangerous is the unmoderated and vitriolic "discussion," mostly insults, of Wake Forest athletes and leadership.

On the other hand, fans of the European Slap Fighting Circuit (professional soccer) would find this board a little slice of heaven.

You're a fucking clown. Do you not realize that the people on this board are hard-core Wake fans whose lives are effected by how Wake does on the court and field? That's the reason we're here- WE GIVE A SHIT. Wake matters to us. There isn't a swinging dick on this board who hasn't, at some point in life, gone into a full-aught melt-down over a loss to Duke or UNC or gone ape-shit with euphoria over an interception returned for a TD or game-ending sack of the opposing QB. The leadership of Wake is largely non-alumni. Don't forget that. These people are university employees and to expect their loyalty to extend anywhere beyond a paycheck is absurd. That's just the reality. As for athletes, there's plenty of bullshit that gets said here and in the stands during games but it's generally not well-received and usually uttered only in the heat of the situation. Either way, they're still college athletes, hopefully students, and fellow classmates or alumni. That should earn them some leeway.

Furthermore, where do you get your information? A vast majority of WF fans are willing to take a wait and see approach? What ass did you pull that out of? Making ridiculous claims and repeating them, as karma said earlier, simply isn't going to make it true. I don't know of a SINGLE WF alumnus who doesn't feel shame and apologetic about the state of WF Basketball. Other than you, of course, if you are even an alumnus. Being in the ass-end of the standings in the conference pisses us off- because we care about WF. If it doesn't piss you off too, burn your diploma and get a UNC shirt like bobknightfan. Either way, spare us the lecture about how dangerous and vitriolic we are about something that is such a big part of our lives.

You're a fucking clown. Do you not realize that the people on this board are hard-core Wake fans whose lives are effected by how Wake does on the court and field? That's the reason we're here- WE GIVE A SHIT. Wake matters to us. There isn't a swinging dick on this board who hasn't, at some point in life, gone into a full-aught melt-down over a loss to Duke or UNC or gone ape-shit with euphoria over an interception returned for a TD or game-ending sack of the opposing QB. The leadership of Wake is largely non-alumni. Don't forget that. These people are university employees and to expect their loyalty to extend anywhere beyond a paycheck is absurd. That's just the reality. As for athletes, there's plenty of bullshit that gets said here and in the stands during games but it's generally not well-received and usually uttered only in the heat of the situation. Either way, they're still college athletes, hopefully students, and fellow classmates or alumni. That should earn them some leeway.

Furthermore, where do you get your information? A vast majority of WF fans are willing to take a wait and see approach? What ass did you pull that out of? Making ridiculous claims and repeating them, as karma said earlier, simply isn't going to make it true. I don't know of a SINGLE WF alumnus who doesn't feel shame and apologetic about the state of WF Basketball. Other than you, of course, if you are even an alumnus. Being in the ass-end of the standings in the conference pisses us off- because we care about WF. If it doesn't piss you off too, burn your diploma and get a UNC shirt like bobknightfan. Either way, spare us the lecture about how dangerous and vitriolic we are about something that is such a big part of our lives.

Scathing.

Also, Bowling Green, FTL.

He got them and Travis and Carson right? In about a week? Plenty of time to make character evaluations. So little time, everyone that hated the hire gave Battle the credit if I recall? Be objective, like the article.

LOL at making character evaluations in a week - I guess the previous year of recruiting the rest of the staff and AD had their heads buried in the sand and didn't look at the players until after Gaudio was fired. Good point.

I wasn't making a stab at Bz, I was making a stab at Ron Wellman - Buzz had to try to save them or he would have been worse than 8-23 his first season.

There isn't a swinging dick on this board . . .

Precisely, there are a bunch of portly guys like you, who live in their mothers' dungeons, jorts breaded in Dorito dust, desperately trying to charm their turtle head dicks from their flabholes with Randolph Childress highlights.

Get real, you jagoff. No one owes you anything. We have what we have today and you'd better learn to enjoy it.

Swinging dicks, my ass. I'd love to see one of your limp-wristed full-aught flaildowns.

Great response. Slightly weak on substance and actual content, but enjoyably amusing nonetheless. Did I hit a sore spot or is it your time of the month?

Precisely, there are a bunch of portly guys like you, who live in their mothers' dungeons, jorts breaded in Dorito dust, desperately trying to charm their turtle head dicks from their flabholes with Randolph Childress highlights.

Get real, you jagoff. No one owes you anything. We have what we have today and you'd better learn to enjoy it.

Swinging dicks, my ass. I'd love to see one of your limp-wristed full-aught flaildowns.

Or what, exactly?

that one got me, and knowing 94deac casually, I could imagine that scenario!

I chuckled too- though I admit I'm not very sure what a jort is. I guess that's how blackgold rolls in the trailer park.

This post reminds me of someone...

Back