• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

News and Observer's Luke DeCock talks about Bzzz

My own personal guess if it's a real poster is that clown jason27nc from the Scout board.
That was my guess as well. Whatever the case, the guy is asking for a thread all to himself. Just put him on KA's thread.

I think "Parody" is the wrong word for blackgold, although I know it's become the de facto term on these boards. In this case he's just a troll. He's not someone else on here with a fake account, he's just someone who showed up to make ridiculous posts and see how successfully he could piss people off. The fact that people are still debating whether or not he is "real" only motivates him to further his charade.

Is the person behind blackgold a real person without another OGboards account? Sure, that's very believable. Are the thoughts he's sharing all over the boards the thoughts he truly holds? I don't believe it for a second. Even an AD "plant" wouldn't approach it the way blackgold does. He says what he says to get a rise, and he's been pretty successful at it. Congrats to him, but everyone should stop feeding the troll.

I only have one thing in response to all this debate: I so totally dread another year with bzzz. It's an awful way to feel, but that's the way it is.

i am beginning to think blackgold is either a parody or a member of bzz's family. however, i actually believe that this is the case. it is the only reason i can fathom why ronnie has been so rock solid behind bzz. maybe he truly believes bzz can be successful at wake but he has to be really worried about that. and about his legacy.

Based on what I infer from talking to people close to the program, it appears that Buzz was either his first choice or very, very close to it. I don't know that for a fact, but the people I talked to are pretty close to the situation.

Any way you slice it, WFU basketball is horrible and nothing I've seen leads me to believe that (a) better than mediocrity is likely or (b) Wellman cares. I was mad about it for a while. Then I thought it was funny. Now, I just don't care one way or the other.

The three stages of [Redacted], I'm right there with you.

"I was mad about it for a while. Then I thought it was funny. Now, I just don't care one way or the other."

The three stages of [Redacted], I'm right there with you.

"I was mad about it for a while. Then I thought it was funny. Now, I just don't care one way or the other."

I am afraid that I too am headed down this path. I can't imagine that RW doesn't see the crowds and hear the comments, so does he really believe that things will get better or is he under orders to back down the expectations of the fans. Maybe the powers that be determined that we did not want to play or could not afford to play at a higher level.

Now wait a darn minute I'm paying $9 a month over at the old site for his musings as he dominates the pro-Bz discussions. I think that is some righteous insider info.

[or could not afford to play at a higher level.]

Not sure putting a product on the floor that brings in over one million per year less is going to meet their financial goals.

My fear is the nancyboy is actually successful and I have to find a way to jump on the bandwagon. That is going to be a tough jump. There is nothing about the guy that gets me amped up about Wake basketball today or in the future.

As others have pointed out, while Gaudio recruited Terrell & Tabb - [Redacted] got them to stay committed after Gaudio was fired and they both went off under his rule, no one elses. If the program was so broken and we saw these recruits as not Wake type recruits - why did we let them in the first place?

Also, the fact that you don't want Wake to play big time basketball is the epitome of LOWF - thanks for nothing.

He got them and Travis and Carson right? In about a week? Plenty of time to make character evaluations. So little time, everyone that hated the hire gave Battle the credit if I recall? Be objective, like the article.

My own personal guess if it's a real poster is that clown jason27nc from the Scout board.

I was reading on the Scout board where a lot of the posters were asking him if he was Bzz's son. He was going into all kinds of conniptions with each suggestion. I found it hilarious.

I was reading on the Scout board where a lot of the posters were asking him if he was Bzz's son. He was going into all kinds of conniptions with each suggestion. I found it hilarious.

According to the media guide, his son is named Brett and he is 22 years old. But, who knows.

Back