• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Next year’s football team

This is kind of where I'm at with Leary and TVD. Leary is efficient, but has never seemed spectacular. Didn't they score 17 in regulation vs Clemson? It's not like he went out and won the game by putting up 50 on them. I'm wondering what kind of numbers he will put up without Emezie as a safety net.

TVD seems to be getting all this attention based on potential. He has only played 3/4 of a season. Some really good games, some kind of bad games. He might end up being great, but it might just be more Miami hype.

Me too. Do people not remember the god-awful picks that Leary threw in the Wake game? If you go back and watch the game, Wake should have been up like 28-6, if Hartman/Perry were on the same page. Also, people (writers/ACC experts) forget how bad he was against UNC until the last 1:33, Leary had thrown for 159 total yards in that game (finished with 247) - the same defense Hartman blasted for 476 total yards of offense and 7 tds. It's laughable that Leary is rated ahead of Hartman - with zero big game appearances.

Last edited:
Sam Hartman, Wake Forest
The 6-foot-1, 208-pounder is at the center of an unconventional offense focused on run-pass options, and Hartman's specialty is reacting after putting defenders in a bind. He displays an average arm and is at his best when able to attack the underneath areas of the field. But his 57.2% career completion rate suggests he needs to become more consistent with his ball placement and touch on deep passes.

Sam seems more accurate than his completion % while you're watching games

He throws a lot of 50-50 balls.

yeah, iirc the advanced metrics have him well above average on completion above expected.

lots of deep balls as mentioned. also lots of batted balls at LOS. part of that is bc of his size which doesn’t bode well, but a lot is our offense and how close he is to LOS at release. some of the arm angles he throws from to get the ball around the lines are pretty ridic / difficult.

We signed D2 All-American transfer Jermal Martin. Curious to see how that translates to P5.

He’s an NFL draft prospect so I’d assume he’s a grad transfer on scholarship.

Yep, just finished OV and committed. Played 3 yrs at D2 so he can play 4 games this year as redshirt then play full next year if it plays out that way.

Yep, just finished OV and committed. Played 3 yrs at D2 so he can play 4 games this year as redshirt then play full next year if it plays out that way.

This guy doesn't look like somebody who redshirts. He's going to want to play regularly and improve his standing in the list of top 50 cornerbacks.

I went to a D2 and we had nfl scouts at the practices looking to draft a DB (went UDFA). Not unusual, he can play in the ACC

Not that it means much but the QB play in his highlight tape looks awful.

Things that stood out to me on his highlight tape:
He was an effective tackler when he got to the QB on blitzes.
He nust have been used a lot as a Blitzer because if the number of highlights showing success. I doubt he got there anywhere near 100% of the time.
He has good instincts for breaking to the ball.
He has good hands for catching.

Highlights didn't show much of him sticking to receivers like he was glued on. He'll need to do that well to get playing time.

This guy doesn't look like somebody who redshirts. He's going to want to play regularly and improve his standing in the list of top 50 cornerbacks.

“if it plays out that way.“
There are lots of snaps but I doubt he comes expecting to start with the guys we have.

“if it plays out that way.“
There are lots of snaps but I doubt he comes expecting to start with the guys we have.

Playing regularly can mean rotational backup to starting corners and/or being the third corner when Wake plays nickel/corner packages.
The only way I see it "working out" for him redshirting is if he has a season ending injury early.

Kyle Dugger was a D2 defensive back a few years ago down the road at LR and would have been the best player on our defense. Sometimes guys just develop late and arent D1 at 18.

Playing regularly can mean rotational backup to starting corners and/or being the third corner when Wake plays nickel/corner packages.
The only way I see it "working out" for him redshirting is if he has a season ending injury early.

Since none of us have seen him play against D1 WRs, it is a nice aspect of his educational standing to have the luxury to see what we need and how good he is. Not an argument, an observation.

Back