• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Next year’s football team

Yeah this is good stuff.

So the question is does Clawson wear 2 watches for style, sentimentality or to show power like a dictator or boss?

I am going with option 3.

Maybe the second watch is on military time, nautical time, a fit bit, a gizmo to talk to his kids, or he is a professional diver sort of badass.

It's intriguing.

He hid it, in the one place he knew he could hide something: his ass. Five long years, he wore this watch up his ass. Then when he died of dysentery, he gave me the watch. I hid this uncomfortable piece of metal up my ass for two years. Then, after seven years, I was sent home to my family. And now, little man, I give the watch to you

I understand. It’s just that the RPO is the base offense.

Need to stick with base RPO. That's what Wake does. However there are variants within the RPO. Minimize them the first three games. Also work on, but don't show, some of the wrinkles suggested here. Jumbo package. Orbit. Power I. Not to replace the RPO. just, like in the infamous Wakeyleaks discovery game vs Loserville, adding something they haven't seen to be a surprise when needed. A few plays that fool the defense might be the difference between a W and an L vs Clemson.

Need to stick with base RPO. That's what Wake does. However there are variants within the RPO. Minimize them the first three games. Also work on, but don't show, some of the wrinkles suggested here. Jumbo package. Orbit. Power I. Not to replace the RPO. just, like in the infamous Wakeyleaks discovery game vs Loserville, adding something they haven't seen to be a surprise when needed. A few plays that fool the defense might be the difference between a W and an L vs Clemson.

As we all know, we’re much more a quick hitter TD type offense vs. redzone grind it out - especially against a more talented team. Gonna need several of those to have a chance against Clemson. If ATP gets single coverage - gotta take a shot and make the play

Sam should be a top 5 QB nationally. O-line a bunch of mature experienced young men. Greene back from injury. Perry should be Perry again. Top duo in the country? Wake offense should put up points.

Couple of nice additions to the D from the portal.If Lambert can get the D to make a few more stops per game, Wake should have a lot of wins.

Sam was only 1 TD off the 51 TD total that Lamar Jackson had during his Heisman season at ‘Ville. Big difference though is speed and Jackson is at least 1” taller. Sam’s biggest problem as it relates to NFL prospects is his completion % (around 58% last year), high number of int’s (14) and then inability to win the big game (Clemson, Pitt & Wisconsin). Just don’t see him listed very high on any NFL draft charts for 2023 but it doesn’t take away from him being a fantastic QB for our offense!

As we all know, we’re much more a quick hitter TD type offense vs. redzone grind it out - especially against a more talented team. Gonna need several of those to have a chance against Clemson. If ATP gets single coverage - gotta take a shot and make the play

Or D Greene. Guy is a beast and going to remind folks why he was best WR before going down.

It looked like an Apple Watch and a g-shock

Looking more closely, looks like a whoop band on his right wrist. Same form factor as an Apple Watch but doesn’t have a screen. Just tracks heath metrics. Hence the need for the Casio on the left wrist.

2022 Preseason All-ACC Football Team
(Total votes in parenthesis)

QB Devin Leary, NC State (56)
RB Sean Tucker, Syracuse (125)
RB Will Shipley, Clemson (112)
WR Josh Downs, North Carolina (128)
WR A.T. Perry, Wake Forest (111)
WR Zay Flowers, Boston College (104)
TE Will Mallory, Miami (69)
AP Keytaon Thompson, Virginia (70)
OT Jordan McFadden, Clemson (127)
OT Zion Nelson, Miami (82)
OG Caleb Chandler, Louisville (104)
OG Christian Mahogany, Boston College (67)
C Grant Gibson, NC State (90)

DE Myles Murphy, Clemson (120)
DE Habakkuk Baldonado, Pitt (54)
DT Bryan Bresee, Clemson (116)
DT Calijah Kancey, Pitt (62)
LB Drake Thomas, NC State (92)
LB Trenton Simpson, Clemson (82)
LB Payton Wilson, NC State (60)
CB Kei’Trel Clark, Louisville (70)
CB Josh DeBerry, Boston College (65)
S Jammie Robinson, Florida State (93)
S Tanner Ingle, NC State (63)

PK B.T. Potter, Clemson (99)
P Lou Hedley, Miami (101)
SP Josh Downs, North Carolina (57)

Preseason Player of the Year
1. Devin Leary, QB, NC State (40)
2. Sam Hartman, QB, Wake Forest (30)
3. Tyler Van Dyke, QB, Miami (21)
4. Bryan Breese, DT, Clemson (14)
4-t. Brennan Armstrong, QB, Virginia (14)
6-t. Malik Cunningham, QB, Louisville (12)
6-t. Josh Downs, WR, North Carolina (12)
8. Sean Tucker, RB, Syracuse (11)
9. Myles Murphy, DT, Clemson (5)
10. Trenton Simpson, LB, Clemson (3)
11. Jammie Robinson, S, Florida State (2)

https://theacc.com/news/2022/7/27/athlete-awards-clemson-leads-with-six-on-all-acc-preseason-team-nc-states-leary-projected-as-poty.aspx

Reigning Atlantic champs, returning like 20 starters, only one 1st team All-ACC player.

19/25 All ACC picks are from the Atlantic Division.

And 8/11 players who got votes for Player of the Year

Last edited:
19/25 All ACC picks are from the Atlantic Division.

Wake got screwed on future opponents from a rivalry perspective but got a much easier schedule down the road.

Wake got screwed on future opponents from a rivalry perspective but got a much easier schedule down the road.

ACC is doing this every 4 years. Wake is considered a top tier team and these matchups are done by TV ranking prospects.
Top ACC matchup right now for ratings is Clemson vs State. #2 happens to be State vs UNC. It would not be fair to the Wuffies to give them a 3rd tough matchup by putting them against Wake every year. That is why we got Duke, VT & GT.

Reigning Atlantic champs, returning like 20 starters, only one 1st team All-ACC player.

Clawson said this kind of crap isn't a motivator and I totally get why he says this. But, I beg to differ when the doors are closed and the cameras are off. Clawson is just too competitive to not let this eat at him.

Honest question: Can you really consider any of our defensive starters for 1st team all ACC given that unit's performance last year? Eliminating that side of the ball reduces the number considerably.

Jasheen Davis has a real shot to FINISH the season 1st team All-ACC.

There's a certain skill, former FB players would describe better than me, he needs to work on. I think it's called "don't run yourself out of a play" or run past the Quarterback too fast.

He has LEGIT speed, power and quickness and can get there in a hurry, just needs to hit the target and wrap up.

Davis could have a HUGE year for us.

Jasheen Davis has a real shot to FINISH the season 1st team All-ACC.

There's a certain skill, former FB players would describe better than me, he needs to work on. I think it's called "don't run yourself out of a play" or run past the Quarterback too fast.

He has LEGIT speed, power and quickness and can get there in a hurry, just needs to hit the target and wrap up.

Davis could have a HUGE year for us.

That would be a significant help to the defense. "Pass defense starts with the pass rush."

Honest question: Can you really consider any of our defensive starters for 1st team all ACC given that unit's performance last year? Eliminating that side of the ball reduces the number considerably.

You beat me to it. No way any of our D players are getting voted on and 2-3 would be great, but Sam just got nudged by Leary and just surprised no O-line got on given how strong they have been. Also guess voters discount our O-line because think it is the scheme that keeps Sam relatively clean.

You beat me to it. No way any of our D players are getting voted on and 2-3 would be great, but Sam just got nudged by Leary and just surprised no O-line got on given how strong they have been. Also guess voters discount our O-line because think it is the scheme that keeps Sam relatively clean.

As posted on another thread, the perception is that Leary has played better in big games due to his wins vs. Clemson and UNC and Sam’s struggles vs. Pitt, UNC, and Clemson. Can’t really argue with that one until Sam gets that monkey off his back. And yes - I know we beat State last year but that was a war of attrition where both QB’s played pretty bad so hard to say Sam won that game for us.

As posted on another thread, the perception is that Leary has played better in big games due to his wins vs. Clemson and UNC and Sam’s struggles vs. Pitt, UNC, and Clemson. Can’t really argue with that one until Sam gets that monkey off his back. And yes - I know we beat State last year but that was a war of attrition where both QB’s played pretty bad so hard to say Sam won that game for us.

Don't get the UNC narrative - Leary was awful until the last 2 minutes and had a 45 QBR. 88 yards and 2 td's came on 2 completed passes at the end of that game - also aided by 3 penalties by UNC in 7 plays (what an all time choke job by UNC!)

Leary's two picks, and bad 3rd down conversion percentage vs Wake, also needs to be taken into consideration - - his yards came in catch up mode all game. Sam had 7 tds and almost 500 yards of total offense vs UNC. That L had nothing to do with Sam. I don't think any of the Leary voters actually paid attention to these games.

Didn't Sam have 7 tds vs uNC? Why would people hold that game against him?

Back