• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Thread 11/27

Fuck Tebow.

Chargers are done, I need a new team to cheer for.

What about Marc Bulger for Texans QB? We all know Yates is awful. Bulger looked good as Flacco's backup last year.

Denver wins in spite of Fox's stupid TO. I am so glad he is not in Charlotte anymore. Another bitter pill for Elway to swallow! Love it! Tebow just wins and Norv Tuner just loses.

Part of the reason why we should all enjoy Tebowmania while it lasts. Dude's not gonna be able to get out of bed after a few more games the way he plays.

Tim is so strong that the weight staff at UF put a limit on what he could lift so his chest wouldn't get too big. If fullbacks have long careers I think he can too.

Looked better passing out there today, but it really is a team effort. Willis McGahee is having a career revival, Von Miller should be DROY, and some of those vets on D are playing out of their minds.

I'll give him this though: when he starts, they win. 5-1.

Post this earlier this year but it's still really interesting:

The Chiefs have a five week stretch where they play:

The team that had the best overall record from last year
The two teams from the NFC Championship Game from last year
The two teams from the AFC Championship Game from last year

Has this ever happened before? I can't imagine it has. Just to be possible in the modern scheduling era the two teams from the NFC and AFC Championship Games have to be in the same division or the team with the best record has to not make the Conference Championship Game and be from a division that one of the teams in the Conference Championship is in. You then have to be playing both the correct NFC and AFC division on the inter/intra-divisional matchups (unless of course you're in the division with the two teams from one of the conferences, which is not the case with KC) and then you have to have either won the division the season before (to play the best overall record) or that team has to be in your division (which is not the case with KC).

KC was unlucky enough to A) Draw the NFC North B) Draw the AFC East C) Win the division last year so they drew the Steelers D) Happen to play all five teams in five consecutive weeks...oh and three of them are on the road.

I doubt this has ever happened before or will ever happen again

Week 11: @ Pats (overall best record)
Week 12: Steelers (AFC champion)
Week 13: @ Bears (NFC runner-up)
Week 14: @ Jets (AFC runner-up)
Week 15: Packers (Super Bowl and NFC champion)

Here's a Houston Texans question after today: has any team ever made the playoffs after losing their first two QBs? How about making the playoffs after having 4 pro-bowlers injured during the year (Johnson, Williams, Schaub, Foster)?

Back