• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Year 2021 Superbowl LVI. Rams win! Wolford gets a ring!.

Derek Carr is probably a top 15 QB in the NFL and is comfortably the worst QB in his division. AFC West is bananas.

Seahawks robbed them then

Praise Jesus!

Other take is that the team that gets the superstar wins the trade. Denver got Wilson. Gave up Drew somebody (not top half QB in league), two other backups and some picks. An OK give away for a "win now" team.

My dad renewed his Seahawks tickets one hour before they announced the trade. I thought that was funny, he did not.

denver seems like they are much further away than a QB to contend

Other take is that the team that gets the superstar wins the trade. Denver got Wilson. Gave up Drew somebody (not top half QB in league), two other backups and some picks. An OK give away for a "win now" team.

I must be missing something. Why is the team who traded Von Miller 5 months ago all of a sudden a win now team? I didn’t watch them play much but they weren’t that good.

Now I’m seeing Von Miller may go back to Denver.

2 1s, 2 2s, a 5 and Fant is a shit ton. Jeebus. That said, Denver is in SB contention for the next few years, and they can get a TE this year in round 3 or 4 - deepest TE draft ever. And it sounds like Von Miller may return.

Good haul for Seattle with which to rebuild. I think it also means they've identified a QB they like in this year's draft, likely Willis. Either that, or they totally suck with Lock and get in the Stroud/Young sweepstakes next year. Carolina, you may have your competition for that sweepstakes.

good lord Denver.

I hope it works for them, they are giving up a lot it seems.

You can't win in today's NFL without a good (arguably an Elite) QB. They are priceless and Denver will a much better team with him, than without IMO.

If you think Wilson is going to go back to being a top 5 QB in the NFL for multiple years, this is a great trade for Denver. If you think he's started a decline in quality of play, then Seattle did well here. The only part I don't get from Seattle's perspective is why they'd want Fant/Shelby instead of upgrading one of those picks to a third 1st rounder.

Denver gave up a lot but i know i would rather be on the side of the trade that received an elite qb.

denver seems like they are much further away than a QB to contend

I disagree. They've improved their OL over the past few years from where it was, they have a nice D, a good set of young WRs and the best RB from last year's draft. Get a McBride/Ruckert/Dulcich to replace Fant in the 3rd or 4th. If you watched them this past year, they were just a QB away from having a legit team. The question I have is is Russ still Russ from 2-3 years ago. I know he was injured this past year, but he didn't look that great even early in the season.

I must be missing something. Why is the team who traded Von Miller 5 months ago all of a sudden a win now team? I didn’t watch them play much but they weren’t that good.

Now I’m seeing Von Miller may go back to Denver.

Miller was in the last year of his contract, and Denver had a losing record. They did him and the Rams a nice favor by lending him to them, and I think got a 2nd or at least a 3rd for the effort.

I'm high on Fant but will it matter if his QB is Drew Luck?

Lock. Andrew Luck is a whole different dude.

The Seahawks can draft a QB with these picks, acquire a QB, or sign a QB. They’re not stuck with Lock at all.

Lock. Andrew Luck is a whole different dude.

The Seahawks can draft a QB with these picks, acquire a QB, or sign a QB. They’re not stuck with Lock at all.

giphy.gif

I disagree. They've improved their OL over the past few years from where it was, they have a nice D, a good set of young WRs and the best RB from last year's draft. Get a McBride/Ruckert/Dulcich to replace Fant in the 3rd or 4th. If you watched them this past year, they were just a QB away from having a legit team. The question I have is is Russ still Russ from 2-3 years ago. I know he was injured this past year, but he didn't look that great even early in the season.

Najee Harris is the best RB from last year's draft. Ran for 1200 yards with basically no blocking. Did not fumble during the season.

Also, this may be a spicy hot take, but I think Wilson is vastly overrated.

Wilson has two years left on his current contract and will be 36 going into the 2024 season FWIW.

Back