• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Year 2021 Superbowl LVI. Rams win! Wolford gets a ring!.

Seattle traded their 1st round pick to the Jets last year. Denver's 1st round pick in the 2022 draft is #9.

4 teams have multiple first round picks in the 2022 draft:

Eagles: #15.#16 and #19
Lions: #2 and #32
Jets: #4 and #10
Giants: #5 and #7

Chicago, Denver, Indy, SF and the Rams have no 1st round picks, assuming Seattle received Denver's #1 pick in this year's draft.

I disagree. They've improved their OL over the past few years from where it was, they have a nice D, a good set of young WRs and the best RB from last year's draft. Get a McBride/Ruckert/Dulcich to replace Fant in the 3rd or 4th. If you watched them this past year, they were just a QB away from having a legit team. The question I have is is Russ still Russ from 2-3 years ago. I know he was injured this past year, but he didn't look that great even early in the season.

i see this as moving from the bottom third of the league to somewhere around a wild card playoff team

Najee Harris is the best RB from last year's draft. Ran for 1200 yards with basically no blocking. Did not fumble during the season.

Also, this may be a spicy hot take, but I think Wilson is vastly overrated.

Javonte had to split carries but looked great. I had him as the best back going into last year's draft, so that's my bias coming out. I'll meet you midway and say he and Najee were easily last year's best RBs. (Urban drafting Etienne when he had tons of holes on his roster and a 1K yard RB on a rookie contract was beyond insane.)

I might be with you as to Russ. 2-4 years ago, I thought he was a top 5 QB, but he's really fallen off the last 1.5 seasons. That might just have been because of bad chemistry with the current regime, which just kept getting worse. I think we'll get the answer by midway through this next season. If I had to bet, I'd guess Russ returns to prior form under Hackett, but I'd leave some room for your take.

i see this as moving from the bottom third of the league to somewhere around a wild card playoff team

Being a wildcard in the AFC next season means you're 1 of the top 8-10 teams in the league and a SB contender. GB, Dal, TB and LAR will have at least somewhat depleted rosters. Zona has a Murray problem, and SF is essentially starting a rookie. Buf, KC, Cin, Den, Ten and Bal will probably have the strongest rosters in the league depending on how FA and the draft go. Throw in LAC, LV, NE and maybe a rejuvenated Cle, and we could have the largest disparity between the 2 conferences that we've had in a long time.

Being a wildcard in the AFC next season means you're 1 of the top 8-10 teams in the league and a SB contender. GB, Dal, TB and LAR will have at least somewhat depleted rosters. Zona has a Murray problem, and SF is essentially starting a rookie. Buf, KC, Cin, Den, Ten and Bal will probably have the strongest rosters in the league depending on how FA and the draft go. Throw in LAC, LV, NE and maybe a rejuvenated Cle, and we could have the largest disparity between the 2 conferences that we've had in a long time.

makes the decision to cut Amari even more of a head scratcher to me, if it happens

Dak now a top 2 or 3 QB in the conference and you are taking away a reliable weapon that wants to remain on the team. can they really not find a way to restructure the contract? shambolic running of the franchise

ok - which makes even less likely that adding wilson is the missing piece for the broncos

makes the decision to cut Amari even more of a head scratcher to me, if it happens

Dak now a top 2 or 3 QB in the conference and you are taking away a reliable weapon that wants to remain on the team. can they really not find a way to restructure the contract? shambolic running of the franchise

Amari hasn't really lived up to his contract, but his contract isn't anywhere near the albatross Zeke's is. I'd be trading him and a 2nd round pick to a Houston for them to absorb his cap hit before I'd cut Amari. I'd also let Gregory walk before cutting Lawrence. Yeah, Dak and McCarthy caught all the flak for the end of the game management, but Gregory's undisciplined ass cost them the SF game more than anyone else. Then draft an edge.

I also saw where Florio was reporting that WTF had offered their next 3 #1s for Wilson. That was Wilson exercising his no trade clause thinking that WTF was clearly the inferior team to landing in Denver. So Buckets, it's apparent that Wilson thinks Denver was his best new location over WTF, NO, Phi or anywhere else.

Amari hasn't really lived up to his contract, but his contract isn't anywhere near the albatross Zeke's is. I'd be trading him and a 2nd round pick to a Houston for them to absorb his cap hit before I'd cut Amari. I'd also let Gregory walk before cutting Lawrence. Yeah, Dak and McCarthy caught all the flak for the end of the game management, but Gregory's undisciplined ass cost them the SF game more than anyone else. Then draft an edge.

I also saw where Florio was reporting that WTF had offered their next 3 #1s for Wilson. That was Wilson exercising his no trade clause thinking that WTF was clearly the inferior team to landing in Denver. So Buckets, it's apparent that Wilson thinks Denver was his best new location over WTF, NO, Phi or anywhere else.

wilson also thought this was a good look, so his judgement is suspect!

exciting time to be a broncos fan, and i'm wrong 99% of the time on how i think nfl trades will work out. so it's probably a good deal.

a9a559fbb80d4226a4046ae9e95f3003_lg.jpg

I'm not going to reply with quote because I don't want to see that picture again. I agree he's a strange, overly religious donk of a person. But if he regains his old form, they will be 1 of the top 5-6 teams in the league. They have a much better OL than what he is used to, Javonte at RB, Sutton, Patrick, Jeudy and Hamler at WR. Then they'll replace Fant in what is the best and deepest TE draft in forever, and they still have a 2nd round pick this year because of the Miller trade. I see it as a win/win for both teams. Seattle may have gotten a better haul from a lesser team, but that's still a pretty good haul. And from Denver's perspective, it cost them 2 1s and 2s and a replaceable Fant. The person I feel bad for is Fant. Lock is now ruining the value of Fant's 2nd contract in 2 different cities.

I'm not going to reply with quote because I don't want to see that picture again. I agree he's a strange, overly religious donk of a person. But if he regains his old form, they will be 1 of the top 5-6 teams in the league. They have a much better OL than what he is used to, Javonte at RB, Sutton, Patrick, Jeudy and Hamler at WR. Then they'll replace Fant in what is the best and deepest TE draft in forever, and they still have a 2nd round pick this year because of the Miller trade. I see it as a win/win for both teams. Seattle may have gotten a better haul from a lesser team, but that's still a pretty good haul. And from Denver's perspective, it cost them 2 1s and 2s and a replaceable Fant. The person I feel bad for is Fant. Lock is now ruining the value of Fant's 2nd contract in 2 different cities.

I would be surprised if Lock starts more than three games.

I know my fellow AFC fans hate the thought of Russell Wilson coming to the conference but as a Bllls fan, I think it makes our path to playoff home field advantage much easier. Suddenly, Patrick Mahomes and Justin Herbert have two more difficult divisional games each season

Yeah the Cowboys are one of the least creative cap teams. I dont get it

I agree with everything you said above. Throw on top of that tagging Schultz? The Cowboys have like 5 TEs on the roster. And Schultz is meh to me

Wentz to the Commanders for two 3rd rounders.

Seems like the next domino to fall will be whether Cousins is extended, cut or traded and extended. I sense the Vikings are ready to move on, so I'm guessing 1 of the last 2. I'm also thinking Indy signs Trubisky to a somewhat modest 1-2 year deal. I don't see them giving up draft capital for Jimmy G or Cousins, though they might sign Cousins if he's cut.

I still think your best move is to wait out the Watson situation. I don't see the criminal case or civil suits being wrapped up before the draft, which means most everyone else will have drafted their QB or traded for or signed one if FA. And Philly will have used their draft capital to address WR, LB and CB in round 1. Watson counts $40mil against the cap this season, and if Houston were to cut him, he'd count $51mil against their cap this year. So they're going to want to trade him, at which point their asking price might well go down.

Back