• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Year 2021 Superbowl LVI. Rams win! Wolford gets a ring!.

I wonder how much money he was betting (if it really matters)

But when the league is forced to embrace the proliferation of available sports betting I would expect this to be a big problem when every player in the league could take 5 minutes, download an app, and wager a couple hundred bucks on NFL games

Reportedly $1500 - even if he won it's a poor return considering he's out $11.1 million of salary

It's not that dumb. He broke the rules. And I would guess the suspension will be cut in half or something ultimately.

Obviously, other players should have been punished more harshly for their more violent transgressions, but Ridley is a moron and fucked up. As proof that he's a moron, he bet on the Falcons. Lol.

Yeah, players all know this, and it's in the CBA. It's a bright line - players and club officials can't bet on their sport. And he did it via his own email account. If you are going to do something like this, I think you tell a girlfriend/sibling who you like on a given week and never have any $$ exchanges between any of your accounts. Even then, I wouldn't play with this kind of fire - just not worth the risk.

Yeah, players all know this, and it's in the CBA. It's a bright line - players and club officials can't bet on their sport. And he did it via his own email account. If you are going to do something like this, I think you tell a girlfriend/sibling who you like on a given week and never have any $$ exchanges between any of your accounts. Even then, I wouldn't play with this kind of fire - just not worth the risk.

Beating your wife/girlfriend and a host of other violent crimes are much more of a bright line that all players know and yet don't result in a year suspension.

I was expecting more for all the hype. Mahomes is $45M a year. Matt Ryan has a $48.7M cap hit this year. $50M a year to make sure Rodgers ends his career in GB is reasonable.

Looking further, I guess the big deal is the $153M guaranteed and the low cap hit. Honestly, I don't know why that's not more common anyway.

Beating your wife/girlfriend and a host of other violent crimes are much more of a bright line that all players know and yet don't result in a year suspension.

True. But it's only 1 year. Had he bet against his team in a game he played in, he would have been banned for life. Rose was banned for life from baseball and isn't allowed into the HOF. Lifetime bans for the Black Sox, including Shoeless Joe who hit like .350 in that series. In the world of sports, the integrity of the sport and the legitimacy of gambling are sacrosanct, and punishments for these type of violations will always be more severe than for someone who commits a crime of violence or a DUI. This is severe punishment for him essentially being stupid at a Darwin Award level.

I was expecting more for all the hype. Mahomes is $45M a year. Matt Ryan has a $48.7M cap hit this year. $50M a year to make sure Rodgers ends his career in GB is reasonable.

Looking further, I guess the big deal is the $153M guaranteed and the low cap hit. Honestly, I don't know why that's not more common anyway.

$50mil per was about what I was expecting. But at that price and at what Adams will be getting, they'll be hemorrhaging folks at other positions. They better draft better than they have been recently.

Pretty unlikely that Rodgers plays four more years in GB under those terms though, right ?

Russell Wilson going to Denver in blockbuster trade according to Adam Schefter. I will post link asap.

I dont know how to post twitter links. I dont even have Twitter

Last edited:
Jesus.

This is going to bring the Seahawks back. Smart move.

This is going to bring the Seahawks back. Smart move.

They were going to finish last with Wilson. Better to rebuild with significant salary cap room, the #9 pick and a lot more picks. Good trade for Denver too. They will now be competing with KC, Buf and company. I think this had probably been on hold to see what happened with Rodgers first - not coincidental that it was announced within an hour or so of Rodgers' announcement.

Drew Lock is in the package going back to Seattle.

Chargers say hold my beer, Cowboys, and give 60M (40M guaranteed) to Mike Williams for 3 years.

Back