• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Year 2021 Superbowl LVI. Rams win! Wolford gets a ring!.

Now the question is did Goodell get it leaked once he saw the emails? WHO WAS PHONE?

This is obvious. Gruden called him an f-word and a pussy. He wasn't going to let that stand.

Also, the Ravens ( aka the Lamar Jackson show) are freaking unbelievable. That game last night was so good. 4 of their 5 games have come down to the wire and they simply make more plays to win. It's been a crazy exciting season so far.

Kickers missing what should have been routine kicks (extra points, short field goals) made several games into adventures when they should have been comfortable wins.

amazing that among 650,000 emails, only ones by John Gruden were bad. I'm sure everyone else was fine.

amazing that among 650,000 emails, only ones by John Gruden were bad. I'm sure everyone else was fine.

I expect more fallout. Just not clear who else will be revealed. It takes time to go through that many emails.

Gruden was called out now because these emails became public, they tied Gruden to the mess in the management hierarchy of the Washington Football Team, they insulted the head of the NFLPA, and they insulted the NFL Commissioner.

Many of the emails involved Bruce Allen, and other former official with Washington Football Team, and Daniel Snyder, owner of WFT. Any of this stuff involving them is not really new, just additions to the pile of information on them.

the only reason emails from Dan Snyder haven't come out yet is because he's supposedly never had an email address

He was a Heisman winning QB and people thought he couldn’t play QB in the NFL. Now he’s got an MVP and he’s the winningest QB in the NFL since his first start.

I mean Tebow and Manziel both won the Heisman, so it's probably still ok to question the NFL prospects of a Heisman winner. Lamar has actually improved quite a bit since winning the Heisman and he's obviously a great NFL QB now, but the questions at the time were legitimate.

I was up 65 points in fantasy with Tucker to go against Lamar and J Taylor. 99% to win. Fantasy football sucks.

Hah. Yep.

Aaron Jones crushed 3 of my teams a few weeks ago.

Then Mike Williams doing nothing last week cost me 2 matchups alone.

Monday nights are crushing me.

I mean Tebow and Manziel both won the Heisman, so it's probably still ok to question the NFL prospects of a Heisman winner. Lamar has actually improved quite a bit since winning the Heisman and he's obviously a great NFL QB now, but the questions at the time were legitimate.

Nobody said they shouldn't even attempt to be an NFL QB. People wanted Jackson to be a WR.

lots of people said Tebow should switch to TE off the bat

Eric Crouch got moved to WR

Nobody said they shouldn't even attempt to be an NFL QB. People wanted Jackson to be a WR.

Your post suggested that we should never question whether a Heisman winning QB will be capable of being a successful QB in the NFL. I provided some examples suggesting that premise is wrong.

Lamar absolutely needed to improve as an accurate passer in order to be a successful NFL QB, and he has done that. My point was that you can't use his Heisman as a legitimate reason why we should not have doubted his ability to make those improvements, because there are Heisman winning examples who did not make the necessary improvements to translate to the NFL.

I expect more fallout. Just not clear who else will be revealed. It takes time to go through that many emails.

Gruden was called out now because these emails became public, they tied Gruden to the mess in the management hierarchy of the Washington Football Team, they insulted the head of the NFLPA, and they insulted the NFL Commissioner.

Many of the emails involved Bruce Allen, and other former official with Washington Football Team, and Daniel Snyder, owner of WFT. Any of this stuff involving them is not really new, just additions to the pile of information on them.

No, Gruden was called out now because he is, at best, a mediocre coach on a bloated contract who just lost to the fucking Bears, and the team owner saw this as his best chance to dump him. That's it. If those emails had come from Belichick, Reid, or Tomlin, would they be resigning in shame? Hell no, they would be getting "counseling" and be back on the sideline this Sunday.

It is the NFL, just follow the records and money, everything else is a smokescreen. As evidenced by the halftime show analogy, there are no moral objectives of the NFL. They don't give two shits about ending misogyny, racism, or homophobia, they want to sell advertising space, tickets, and jerseys.

This is obvious. Gruden called him an f-word and a pussy. He wasn't going to let that stand.

Also, the Ravens ( aka the Lamar Jackson show) are freaking unbelievable. That game last night was so good. 4 of their 5 games have come down to the wire and they simply make more plays to win. It's been a crazy exciting season so far.

Thank god for Rodrigo Blankenship. I thought he was overrated at UGa. Last night was a strange game. We were outphysicaled and outcoached for 3 quarters, then Lamar puts on the superman cape. I think we'll be just good enough to get a playoff spot, but I don't see us competing for a SB against LAC, Buf or Cle.

Thank god for Rodrigo Blankenship. I thought he was overrated at UGa. Last night was a strange game. We were outphysicaled and outcoached for 3 quarters, then Lamar puts on the superman cape. I think we'll be just good enough to get a playoff spot, but I don't see us competing for a SB against LAC, Buf or Cle.

Did they ever figure out what was going on with him during the game? That kick attempt where they didn't even send him out, then the penalty and they did, then the weird shots of him sitting on the ground on the sideline ...

No, Gruden was called out now because he is, at best, a mediocre coach on a bloated contract who just lost to the fucking Bears, and the team owner saw this as his best chance to dump him. That's it. If those emails had come from Belichick, Reid, or Tomlin, would they be resigning in shame? Hell no, they would be getting "counseling" and be back on the sideline this Sunday.

It is the NFL, just follow the records and money, everything else is a smokescreen. As evidenced by the halftime show analogy, there are no moral objectives of the NFL. They don't give two shits about ending misogyny, racism, or homophobia, they want to sell advertising space, tickets, and jerseys.

NFL also does not care about dudes hitting/raping women (looking at Tyreek Hill and Big Ben and Joe Mixon and Richard Sherman) unless it's on tape and played on TMZ (Sorry, Ray Rice)

Did they ever figure out what was going on with him during the game? That kick attempt where they didn't even send him out, then the penalty and they did, then the weird shots of him sitting on the ground on the sideline ...

I have zero idea.

They said hip injury during the broadcast.

Calais Campbell blocked one FG and coerced the next miss. He was still coming through on the right side, and Blankenship hooked it left to avoid a second block.

It was pretty funny when the announcer said that the 6'8" 300 lbs Campbell "got skinny" to get through the Colts OL. I don't think CC's been able to get skinny in quite a while.

Buccaneers behind Brady and Fournette built a big lead and the Eagles couldn't make enough of a comeback. Although the Bucs probably sat on a touchdown at the three yard line after the two minute warning.

Incredibly improbably cover by the Eagles. AB starting to look like the Bucs #1 WR, despite playing less snaps than Evans/Godwin. Glad I just traded for him in fantasy.

Back