• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Year 2021 Superbowl LVI. Rams win! Wolford gets a ring!.

I’m glad NBC had the good sense not to assign Collinsworth to the Bengals game last night. It wouldn’t have been as bad as Romo but it would have been exhausting.

That was on Dallas, but it's crazy that a team could be deprived of a shot a winning because a ref did not feel like hustling. (I don't think that was the case on that play).

No ref would think they’d be spotting the ball after a QB run right there. He hustled as best he could.

I hope he can make it out of Dallas though.

continues to be so crazy to me that teams are worth billions of dollars, invest millions (presumably) in scouting and advanced stats, but continue to botch clock management over and over again

Cowboy play call at the end is a major head scratcher. What were they thinking? And, doesn't Dak know the official has to spot the ball?

I actually like the play. Dak just went 5-7 yards to far. I’d take one 30 25-30 yard play over 2 Hail Marys any day.

Also that ref gave it his all, ramming through the OL to get to that ball

Could the Cowboys have been flagged for delay of game?Dak handing the ball to his center is keeping it from the official who has to spot it. I'm sure if a defender had grabbed it and played keep away, there would have been a flag.

I don’t know what the percentages are but surely two shots from the 40 is better odds than one shot from the 30.

Maybe one the cowboys play sheet 40 yard line is still a Hail Mary play but when they get to the 30 they have some other options that aren’t just run to the end zone and throw it up?

continues to be so crazy to me that teams are worth billions of dollars, invest millions (presumably) in scouting and advanced stats, but continue to botch clock management over and over again

This - both those coaching staffs were completely incompetent on the time management front. Not going for the 4th and a foot (twice) was soft AF.

That last Cowboys play made up for the entire season of the Giants sucking. It doesn't get much better than that. How 'bout 'em?

They are one and the same.

So where does that play rank on the worst and/or dumbest sports plays of all time? It has to be top 10. Top 5 maybe? it has to be up there with JR Smith dribbling out the clock in a tie game of the Finals. Chris Webber calling the TO? It is worse than Bill Buckner because they did in on purpose. Dak's legacy of ineptitude may eclipse Romo's, which would be a special achievement.

All the a.m. shows were all over Dallas for the last play call, and I get it. You really needed another 2 seconds to call that safely, and you need to look to get the ball to the ref immediately - you don't spot it yourself. But to me, the way more damning aspect of the game was the 14 penalties, especially the LOS penalties and the 2 obvious D holdings. Those penalties helped extend SF drives and halted their own drives. And it's not like this was an aberration. They led the league in penalties. This team reminds me of the Lions under Schwartz - just utterly undisciplined (and credit Caldwell for cleaning that up immediately). The other thing is they're not getting their $$ worth with their $100mil+ guys. Dak was way too inconsistent this year (and was bad yesterday) to be paid Mahomes/Allen $$, and Zeke's contract is an albatross. What makes that even worse is how great Mahomes and Allen played by contrast.

Really looking forward to the SF/GB and Buf/KC games next weekend. If Bosa can go, that is the exact team GB doesn't want to face. I wouldn't be surprised if SF takes the NFC.

cville is dead on the money. The utter lack of discipline has been a huge red flag about Dallas all year long. And the coaching staff clearly never did anything to fix it as the same mistakes/boneheaded errors kept being made week-in/week-out. It was maddening to watch.

All the physical talent in the world isn't enough to overcome mental incompetence. What in the fuck was Gregory doing on the 2nd defensive holding play!? He just tackled an o-lineman to the ground behind the play... how fucking stupid can you be??

Every center in the league should know that an official has to spot the ball and mark it ready for play before he can snap it.

Dak should know that too. After his slide, he should hand the ball to the nearest official, not his center.

Meant to add, that although I hate Dallas, I have always liked Dak - until his post game comments praising the fans for throwing trash at the refs. Dude, that is on you and your center for not knowing the ref has to spot the ball. I also used to be a Rodgers fan, even though I knew he was a drama queen. But he really completely lost me with his tone deaf interview with McAfee after lying about his vax status.

The drama when the Boys flame out, and the drama when hopefully Rodgers goes down, are what make the playoffs great

Plus a silver lining of the pandemic, I have no doubt that Covid has killed off more Cowboys fans than it has any other sports fanbase. Hopefully they enjoyed those 3 wins on their way out!

Back