• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NHL Thread

Great period, especially given the context of playing with the lead in a Game 7. 20 more minutes of anything close to that and we'll be moving on

JESUS this is a fun game.

Domi going OFF.

LET'S DO THIS!!! ONE MORE PERIOD!!!

IDK who has been watching on Bally, or if they showed these stats on ESPN or wherever, but these are crazy stats. And I thought they were going to be jinxing us, which they still might, but they make me feel good going into the 3rd period:

-- Hurricanes have won 5 STRAIGHT game 7s. 2 at home, 3 away.

-- Hurricanes have the longest active home winning streak in 1st round games. 11 in a row. Longest in NHL history is Toronto from 200?-2003 with 12 in a row.

simpsons-fingers-crossed.jpg

Last edited:
So right there in that close call, one of our players lost his stick and it got knocked into the goal, and he was desperately trying to grab it and it got stuck under Raanta. But Raanta was able to keep the puck out.

What would have happened if the Bruins would have hit a puck toward the net, but the stick kept it from going over the line? Would that have been a penalty? Or would the goal have counted? Or would it have just stood as it played?

Fuck Charlie McAvoy, but glad Canes aren’t getting pulled into a penalty and risking a PP goal

11 minutes to go. Boston acting more and more desperate and playing dirty. I very much want to see Brendan Smith or Svetch put a shoulder into McAvoys face.

OOPS!….

but

YYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!

Feels like a big hurdle cleared. I would've much rather been dealing with Louis Domingue this series but getting past these guys has to be a huge lift.

Just stay out of the freakin' box and this team is super hard to beat. Let's keep 'er rollin!

I think we want Pitt? NY has better D and goaltending. Pitt more elite offensive talent. Tough to figure out.

I feel good about either. Pittsburgh controls the game like Boston does but not quite at the same level and they're obviously down people. The Rangers get wildly outshot on the regular and Igor has fallen to earth in the playoffs.

If this team is the legit contender that they seem to be then the next series should be ours

Pretty bad beat for the Canes cover -1.5. Get an empty netter saved by a position player, then give up a goal with 20 seconds left on a 6 v 4 after a stick explodes.

Glad to be moving on though.

Probably just the hockey golds saying every game in a series can't be won by 2+ goals.

I took the home team on the puck line every game this series, so I prolly can't complain about that one

Idk who I want to play. NYR scares me for some reason, maybe it’s Shesterkin, but he hasn’t been as unbelievable as analysts seem to believe he’s been all season. PIT has injury issues, with Crosby maybe having a concussion, but not sure if he gets kept out anymore past tomorrow, if he even gets held out then.

I just hope we can play like we did today and stay out of the penalty box. It’s obvious that we are soooo much better when we keep it 5-on-5 or on the PP. So glad we didn’t let the dirty play get under our skin today and we’re able to pull it out.

We need to continue to score first….we scored 1st in 6 of 7 games this series….because I’m not sure how we'll play from behind against NYR or PIT.

Max Domi was a great pick up and glad that he’s shown he deserved to be bumped up to the 2nd line.

Just so happy after tonight. Ready for another Game 1!

Carolina Hurricanes are 6-0 all time in Game 7's.

Rod Brind'amour has been the Captain or Coach for all 6.

Now tied for longest home 1st Round winning streak at 12 games.

Having JWill in the building certainly is good karma as well

Best case scenario is the Pens beat the Rangers with a banged up Sidney Crosby. The Pens can't beat the Canes without Crosby. If Sherstiken is on, the Rangers will be a problem.

Back