• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NHL Thread

How can you bet against the Avs? While Binnington did his best Oettinger impersonation, it looks like Colorado is going to pummel that second-round curse.

St Louis has the depth to win a game or two, but I agree and think the Avs will lift the cup so long as Darcy doesn't lay an egg. Makar is the one of the best defensemen I've ever seen. Does everything well. Another solid game last night.

Ass first period. Hopefully just explainable from the adjustment in how the opposition plays, NYR very unlike BOS whereas we play similar to the Pens. Woulda hoped we would have been ready for that, but now that we've seen it gotta get going

Huge opportunity to only be down 1 after that period. I’m optimistic that we make adjustments and come out fired up.

Granted, I'm a hockey newbie, and I know its a key to our game.....but it's so boring to see all of our trips into the offensive zone be dump ins and the chasing the puck.

It seems like every other team we play consistently has lanes to the goal and open space around them, but when we are in their offensive zone, we're shooting from the blue line and praying for a rebound.

Maybe that's the whole blueprint for our offense, it just doesn't seem exciting, or only in games where we are playing "half court/rink" offense does it look good.

Meh...when we go down 0-1, I feel like its going to be tough coming back. Anyone have any stats on Hurricanes comeback wins this season? The only thing I could find was that 349-780 (44.7%) of games (before All-Star break in February) were comeback wins. Wish I knew how many were Hurricanes games.

Gonna be a back-breaking goal here in the last few minutes of the period or first few minutes of the 3rd, and we will end up losing by 3 or more goals.

We aren't getting the puck where it needs to be to get shots on goal. Not used to being outshot by 2x.

Granted, I'm a hockey newbie, and I know its a key to our game.....but it's so boring to see all of our trips into the offensive zone be dump ins and the chasing the puck.

It seems like every other team we play consistently has lanes to the goal and open space around them, but when we are in their offensive zone, we're shooting from the blue line and praying for a rebound.

Maybe that's the whole blueprint for our offense, it just doesn't seem exciting, or only in games where we are playing "half court/rink" offense does it look good.

Meh...when we go down 0-1, I feel like its going to be tough coming back. Anyone have any stats on Hurricanes comeback wins this season? The only thing I could find was that 349-780 (44.7%) of games (before All-Star break in February) were comeback wins. Wish I knew how many were Hurricanes games.

We aren't a dump-and-chase team, that would involve giving up possession willingly which is the antithesis of our philosophy. I believe I heard we had the lowest dump-in rate in the entire league, but I could be misremembering.

But yeah, coming back on a team like the Rangers that is perfectly fine with playing without the puck and is well drilled at it isn't easy. Gallant is eating Brindy's lunch right now. Cooper did something similar last year and we didn't really adjust, hopefully we aren't headed for a similar fate

It really isn't praying for a rebound. Players at all levels are coached to generate them by where they shoot. But yeah, dump and chase can seem boring. ETA - I don't watch enough of Carolina to say if they really are a dump and chase team.

They displayed a stat on ESPN that said we dumped in the most of any team in the playoffs in the 1st round. I'm probably misremembering the rest of the season as I'm like a goldfish and only remember the last game or two. I forget so much lol

BEAUTIFUL deflection by Lindgren, perfection!

That we were able to win despite playing so bad makes feel even better about this series. Thanks to the Rags young guns for continually botching golden chances

And yeah guess Flames are happy to be done with the stifling Stars. Two goals in the first minute

Back