• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NHL Thread

Gonna be a back-breaking goal here in the last few minutes of the period or first few minutes of the 3rd, and we will end up losing by 3 or more goals.

We aren't getting the puck where it needs to be to get shots on goal. Not used to being outshot by 2x.

QFP.

Amazing win.

Goalie change after six minutes, tough start for the Oilers.

Ian Cole very impressive in the post game interview. Wow what an unlikely Canes W!

Nice of the rangers defender to deflect our shot into the net.

QFP.

Amazing win.

I will be more than happy to post miserable hottakes about us losing if it leads to a win like tonight!

We looked much better in the 3rd period and OT. Glad we could get way more shots, and thus the win!

Like someone said a few posts ago, this definitely makes me feel better about this series after pulling out a win while we played like ass for 2/3rd of the game.

GO CANES!!!!

Yeah, the Canes played their worst period of the year tonight and sleepwalked through the first 2/3rds of the game. Incredible win, and an early gut punch on the Rangers.

Gonna be a while before anybody sleeps here, my son did some work on his fit for tomorrow.

8f953313d7be217dd5945fdd266765cc.jpg

That first period was just awful, and we were very lucky to escape only down 1. We pulled the defense together in the second, but our offense was still a complete mess. I felt like we were on the other side of one of those games in the regular season where we dominate the first period but it ends 0-0 and we end up losing the game by a goal. NY didn't take advantage of their chances and it burned them in the end.

The third period finally looked like the Canes, specifically the home playoff Canes. We're faster than NY and more skilled offensively and defensively. If Raanta keeps it up, it's Canes in 5.

Nice breakdown by the TNT guys, no idea what Weeger was doing, especially given the time left.

LOL that arena emptied quick

Sweep 'em Tampa and then get super rusty (just in case)

Kucherov may not be THE best shooter - and may not be THE best passer. But I don't think there are many, if any, that do both as well.

Some shades of last year's Vegas series from the Avs tonight, in terms of going from dominating to getting outplayed pretty quickly. Obvs couldn't arrest the slide last year, will be interesting to see how they respond

Steel curtain D from our boys @ PNC. When we get the matchups we want it's tough to break us down.

Karma with us getting the goal on the 4 minute penalty, that was some BS

overall, how has the canes series looked so far? i’m out of the country and can’t watch. obviously tight.

Back