• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NHL Thread

What Domi did at the end of the last game isn't very Canes like, think that really threw us off. Lorentz isn't really an enforcer type but somebody has to occupy the role. And understand Domi was falling but still nice leading with the elbow from Trouba, be interesting to get Rod's take on that.

Now or never Aho, Svech, etc., time to show you're capable of doing what it takes offensively in order for this team to go far

Any good chance we miss the damn net or aren't ready to shoot. Necas is a complete mess

Even if they don’t call a headshot/major on Trouba, how in the world is that not elbowing? Totally changed the complexion of the game.

If you ask me, the entire season changed once Necas started disappearing from games. The last 12-15 games of the regular season and the playoffs he has just been out of sight. You never hear his name called. And our game has suffered. We were able to pull stuff out at the end of the season, but its obvious we aren't going to get Aho and Svech to do anything on the road in the playoffs. And we can't rely on Brendan Smith and Ian Cole for our offense.

Right now we are living on our 3rd line. And that's not good. Turbo, Aho, Svech, Trocheck....they're all phantoms at this point.

We're gonna lose and have the series tied at 2, and then lost the next 2. I don't see us making it out of this series. Or even if we are able to go to 7 and win at home each time, there's ZERO chance we take out Tampa playing like this.

Maybe Freddie gets introduced and puts a jolt into the guys and gets them to play like we know they are capable of, or something. But we need a kick in the ass.

Averaging over 4.25 goals allowed on the road is ridiculous.

I hate the constant slobbing over Shesterkin's knob.

This series, as of a minute or two ago, the goalie stats were:

Shesterkin: 117/122 = 95.9% - 1.5GAA

Raanta: 108/114 = 94.7% - 1.75 GAA

Maybe I don't know enough about goalie stats, but are those not pretty comparable? I mean yes Igor's are better, but only by 9 saves and 1 goal.

EDIT: Well fuck....4-1...screw this

lmfao....Yea, penalty on Svech...just Svech....

I'm turning it off.

Idk if I'll post anymore on here unless the Canes make the Cup Finals

Time to be a Calgary/Colorado fan.

8e222de3cc78a0cd46994de96ae292ec5265d2cc.gif

It’s 2-2 in the series Oblong put the bottle down and get some sleep lol

We haven’t lost at home yet

Rangers are only gonna get better, this would be a big missed opportunity to at least make the conf finals.

We had a couple potent offensive games against Vasilevsky later in the series last year, hopefully we can start cracking the Igor code back @ home

Tonight was one of the most complete games I've seen the Rangers play this season...they had a different level of aggressiveness right off the opening drop.

In other news, there is an NHL version of Wordle (I guess, it isn't really that close), in which you have to guess a player by comparing stats. Seems like it would be impossible, but my wife and I got it in three tonight, so who knows.

https://stanleycupple.nhl.com/

Tonight was one of the most complete games I've seen the Rangers play this season...they had a different level of aggressiveness right off the opening drop.

Power play looked much, much more potent which is scary. Canes still kind of dominated in 5 on 5 though with many more shots and a pretty ridiculous face off % on the road.

Power play looked much, much more potent which is scary. Canes still kind of dominated in 5 on 5 though with many more shots and a pretty ridiculous face off % on the road.

Rangers have struggled on the faceoff all playoff long - I'm honestly surprised that we're sitting here at 2-2 in the second round with our lack of winning faceoffs.

OTOH I'm glad the series is 2-2 given how the first 40 mins of Game 1 went + our horrible power play + only 4 regulation non-empty net goals scored

In other news, there is an NHL version of Wordle (I guess, it isn't really that close), in which you have to guess a player by comparing stats. Seems like it would be impossible, but my wife and I got it in three tonight, so who knows.

https://stanleycupple.nhl.com/

Thanks - this is a nice challenge. I also got yesterday's in 3. Not too many high scoring defenseman in the Atlantic division with 0 Stanley Cups :)

Today was tougher for me. I didn't find the right division until my fourth guess, right team until my fifth, and right guy until the last guess.

Thanks - this is a nice challenge. I also got yesterday's in 3. Not too many high scoring defenseman in the Atlantic division with 0 Stanley Cups :)

Today was tougher for me. I didn't find the right division until my fourth guess, right team until my fifth, and right guy until the last guess.

https://stanleycupple.nhl.com
Stanley Cupple 5/7, 2022-05-25
⬜️⬜️⬜️🟩⬜️⬜️🟩
⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️🟩
⬜️🟩⬜️🟩⬜️🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩⬜️🟨🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️
⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️

I know little about players' histories or pasts, and only a vague idea of what teams have won, but can narrow that list down to the last 20 years, which few people have played that long, so just have to realize/take into account big trades and I should be OK.

Was very surprised I did as well as I did today (5/7 is not really that great, but you know...)

Maybe game of the playoffs going on here between McKinnon's heroics and Blues refusing to die.

Looked like the Blues were in stop the fight territory early on, helluva response

Surprised and impressed by the fight St Louis has shown tonight....playoff hockey at its finest.

Back