• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NHL Thread

Was going to turn the game on around 8:30p-9:00p but saw the game was 3-0, so I was like "nahh"...

Just opened my laptop and checked the score and it said 4-4!

Looked through the Play-By-Play, and if I'm correct, STL cut it to 3-1 in the 2nd period.

Then scored their 2nd around halfway thru the 3rd...

Then a game tying goal with 5 minutes left...

Then COL scored with 2:46 left to make it 4-3...

And finally they scored with 0:56 left to tie it and force OT? Followed by the OT winner?

Man I wish I watched that game!!!

I've lost interest in the playoffs since the Canes have looked like crap away from home. I just feel like we're more likely to drop one at home than win one on the road. Just bummed out hard.

Maybe game of the playoffs going on here between McKinnon's heroics and Blues refusing to die.

Looked like the Blues were in stop the fight territory early on, helluva response

What an absolute banger of a game.

What an absolute banger of a game.

You've got to think a little of that "can't get out of the 2nd round" doubt is starting to creep into the Avalanche's head after last night's result.

Also, Nathan MacKinnon with a head of steam must be a frightening sight for a defense/goalie.....that goal to put them up 4-3 was unreal.

I asked clients to roll to game 5 with me tonight and they're like OK great we love the Rangers. Fuck everything

Canes played better in NY than they did in Boston, yet I'm more pessimistic going into this game than I was going into the last Game 5. Home ice meant more against Boston because we got to match the Staal line to Marchand's line. I'm not sure it means as much against this Rangers team. We probably should have lost Game 1 and the one goal in Game 2 (not counting an empty netter with 3 seconds left) does not inspire hope.

God fucking damnit Andrei. Constantly not ready for scoring chances, taking offensive zone penalties and penalties when we have something cooking

Nevermind, it set up our only offense on the 4 on 5!

Look up dumb penalty and you will see a video of Cole’s penalty. Cross check right in front of the ref. But Canes outplayed Rangers, so hopefully they can keep that going.

Don't have a lot of reliable offensive performers but Turbo is certainly at the top of that list

Getting to boo Dave Doeren in this arena made me feel good.

Excellent performance, just a little added sharpness in terms of passing and finishing and coulda been a blowout. Hopefully that arrives starting on Saturday

Back