• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NHL Thread

Not confident Canes will win in Boston but i think it will be a much closer and more tense game than before.

DeAngelo talking shit about the Boston crowd - basically begging for a frenzy in Boston on Thursday

I am entertained by Tony Ds shenanigans when he backs it up with his play like last night. I also think he’d be foolish not to resign with Carolina. Rod has been huge for him.

So, I'm already wrong on a few of my picks for 1st round series. At least in terms of # of games the series will go.

COL in 5 - WRONG (COL in 4)
CGY in 4 - WRONG (At least 6)
FLA in 5 - WRONG (At least 6)
TBL in 6 - WRONG (Need 7)
NYR in 6 - WRONG (Need 7)

IDK how much the # of games has to do with points though.

Tomorrow will be tough. Boston will put their “perfection line” in favorable matchups and their backs are against the wall. We are the better team but staying out of the box and making BOS pay for their penalties like we did last night will lead us to closing out the series. Raanta has been great at home when we can shut down BOS. He’s going to get a lot of work tomorrow night and can’t give up those soft goals he gave up in game 4. I’m hoping RBA interjects Tuevo on the Aho line to help on defense. I think Svech has a multi point game tomorrow as well. He was really disappointed in his play last night.

Just got bored waiting on tonight's games, so I thought I'd put everyone's guesses here, so you don't have to go between each team on the NHL site.

EVERYONE'S WRONG GUESSES

OblongPickle
COL in 5 - (COL in 4)
CGY in 4 - (At least 6)
FLA in 5 - (At least 6)
TBL in 6 - (Need 7)
NYR in 6 - (Need 7)

DeacsFan27
MIN in 6 - (Need 7)
FLA in 5 - (At least 6)
TBL in 6 - (Need 7)
NYR in 6 - (Need 7)

HailToTheDeacons
COL in 5 - (COL in 4)
CGY in 5 - (At least 6)
EDM in 6 - (Need 7)

NumbersFTW
COL in 5 - (COL in 4)
CGY in 5 - (At least 6)
EDM in 6 - (Need 7)
NYR in 6 - (Need 7)

Justicebork
COL in 5 - (COL in 4)
FLA in 5 - (At least 6)
NYR in 5 - (Need 7)

WakeLaw13
COL in 5 - (COL in 4)
NYR in 6 - (Need 7)

wsc8521s
COL in 5 - (COL in 4)
CGY in 5 - (At least 6)
TOR in 5 - (At least 6)

So it looks like I've done the worst so far. We'll see if I can make up for it by picking the right 2nd round teams.

WOW…this NYR/PIT game is unreal!

PIT was up 2-0, playing like they had “7 guys on the ice” for 35 minutes.

Then NYR scored (4:49 left in 2nd), and within 90 seconds scored another to tie it 2-2 (3:19 left in 2nd).

72 seconds later, NYR score a 3rd. (2:07 left in 2nd).

13 seconds later PIT scores to tie it 3-3 (1:54 left in 2nd).

4 goals in 2:55.

Was such a dull, boring game, now it’s a ridiculously exciting game, MSG on fire!

Some say two-goal leads are the kiss of death.

I tend to say three.

Regardless, both working their "magic" tonight

I think we win the series tonight. The first 5 games have established the Canes as a much better team when it's 5 on 5. The players know the key to winning is to stay out of the box, so I expect another very clean effort. It looks like Stepan will remain in for Martinook and play with KK and Domi on the 4th line. I fully expect to see Boston try and play the Marchand line against them as much as possible, so they've got to step it up defensively.

OK.....LET'S SEND THESE "PERFECT" BRUINS BACK TO BOSTON AS LOSERS!!!

Let's Go CANES!!!

I'm calling a 5-3 win with goals from Svech, Necas, and Jarvis. And Pastrnak with 2 on the other end.

It’s incredible how bad the power play has been for as long as it has. The effort on the 5/3 was terrible and not scoring just felt deflating. We haven’t played a bad game considering the called off goal and multiple posts hit, but that feels like it.

More like how I expected the series to be, tight where a mistake (DeAngelo line change) or a bounce or two (Nino hitting crossbar, shot ricocheting to Coyle) will be pivotal.

Still wish Raanta would've recovered better on that second goal, he had time to slide over and get to it

More like how I expected the series to be, tight where a mistake (DeAngelo line change) or a bounce or two (Nino hitting crossbar, shot ricocheting to Coyle) will be pivotal.

Still wish Raanta would've recovered better on that second goal, he had time to slide over and get to it

I don't think he saw it bc of the deflection. That goal is on Aho who just let Coyle sit in there.

Back