• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NHL Thread

Stars with game tying and game winning goal in the last 15 seconds. First time that’s ever happened.

This was under my tree!

3981152_0.jpg

I'm not a fan of the Power Rankings lol

I earned that extra win above Deacsfan27!

Also, you guys are either ignoring my trade offers or Yahoo does a terrible job of letting you know when you get one or making it clear on the Team Page that there's one waiting

But Cumberland, I offered a trade. Feel free to counter. If you would like to talk about it, PM me here so we can keep strategy from everyone else's eyes. 👀

Last edited:
This team is REALLY starting to hit its stride....and Special Teams has EVERYTHING to do with it.

Tonight we are 3-for-4 on the PK and the PP is 3-for-5.

We are 1st in the League in PP% in the month of December and up to 9th in the League for the year.

Weren't we in the 20s in PP% earlier this year? I feel like we were 25th+ at some point.

But some of the stats given tonight have really amazed me.

Aho is 4th in the 2015 Draft Class in points, 15 more than Eichel (that was on his 500th point, he has 3 additional points tonight, so he's at 503 and 18 more than Eichel).

Aho: 499 pts in 551 games = 0.91 ppg
Eichel: 485 pts in 511 games = 0.95 ppg

I wouldn't have figured that, but Eichel has been injured for a big chunk of games (Obviously since Aho has played 50 more games so far).

The other stat that I thought was pretty amazing is that 11 players have scored a Power Play goal this season for the Canes. That's awesome considering there are generally 2 main groups of PP lines and you don't always see every line member score during the season.

Anyway, let's close this game out right and get the Big W!!!

Raanta just has lost a step due to age imo. I know we didn’t want to start Koch back to back but need another option.

I've been saying this for 2 years now, but Kochetkov is the "Nyet"-minder of the future for the Canes.

When he's on, he's ON.

He was awesome AGAIN tonight and has had a great run of games lately. I hope Rod doesn't automatically place Freddie back at #1 when he's back in a month or so. Koch has earned it thus far.

That last goal was just unreal. I still don't know if it was 100% proof of a goal, but it's whatever.

Aho...just...wow. Only the 4th Canes player to score 8 points in 2 days (or games, not sure if there was a distinction made), and then added 3 more points tonight. 11 points (2G/9A) in 3 games is just beyond awesome! Keep in mind 1G/5A of those 11 were on the Power Play.....AND he had 3G/3A in the 5 games before that as well (1G/3A on the Power Play), so that's 5G/12A in 8 games with 2G/8A on the power play!!!...2.13ppg)

Jarvis heating up too (3G/4A including 4 PP points over the last 8 games).

Happy New Year, fellow hockey fans!

Puckdoku Game 184 - 9/9🏆:

175 Uniqueness
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩

Juuse Saros
GS: 29
W: 15
SV%: .901
Averaging 1.69 fantasy points a start

Tristan Jarry
GS: 24
W: 11
SV%: .916
Averaging 2.77 fantasy points a start

Juice has had more volume (he's had to make 140 more saves this season), but Jarry has 3 more shutouts. Anyway, they're not miles apart in season-long performance. However, in my two matches against @CumberlandDeac (Week 5 and 12), here's how my guy Saros performed against his Jarry:

Saros: -13.6 + -11.2 = -24.8 fantasy points (0 W, 24 GA, 0 SO)
Jarry: 16.4 + 22 = 38.4 fantasy points (4 W, 2 GA, 2 SO)

:thisisfine:

@CumberlandDeac, I sent a trade offer. Not sure if you check those or anything. I tried before with no response and sent a PM with no response, so not sure how you check the league, whether its just on Yahoo, or if you lurk here, but just check it out and get back to me.

If anyone wants to shake things up and offer a trade or two, I'm open to it!

This week sucks for fantasy, IMO

3 days with 3 or fewer games and 3 days with 12 or 13 games.

Back