• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Nightmares

DG3

I Am RJKarl
Reaction score
I just posted about this in a sports thread and decided it needed it's own... Does anyone else have that nightmare that you didn't study or attend a class all semester and you realize you have an exam that day that you have to pass or you can't graduate or get pulled out of school? I have these every now and then and they are awful. I wake up and it takes me a minute or so to figure out that I've already graduated and that I didn't forget to go to HES 101 all semester.

Edit: Please tell us about any crazy or reoccurring nightmares that you have.

Last edited:
I just posted about this in a sports thread and decided it needed it's own... Does anyone else have that nightmare that you didn't study or attend a class all semester and you realize you have an exam that day that you have to pass or you can't graduate or get pulled out of school? I have these every now and then and they are awful. I wake up and it takes me a minute or so to figure out that I've already graduated and that I didn't forget to go to HES 101 all semester.

I actually have similar dreams all the time.

Similar. I keep having nightmares that I'm one credit short of graduating from WFU. And the thing is I truly believe it, even after I wake up. Its crazy, because I definitely remember walking across the stage and getting my diploma in Reynolda.

Yep. It is always a French class. The dream is made worse by the fact that I've missed so much of the semester that I don't understand what is being said in the class. Bad juju.

I had a nightmare last night that these two chicks were down for a three-way, and I realized I couldn't because I'm married. That's right...I couldn't be like a rock star doctor secret agent and bang out some strange...nope, even in my dreams I'm just my own disgustingly responsible self.

I have a similar one but I'm back in high school as a senior and am having to pass ace a test I had no idea about just to graduate and go to college the next year. It's some form of the same dream like once every couple months. I think it means I'm a procrastinator/slacker and need to get my shit together or something.

Quite often. It's normally Biology for me.

Twice in the last couple of weeks I've had a dream about entering a race and not being at all prepared for it, and having to pull out because I know I can't do it. I've never really had dreams like this before (never had a class dream where I'm not prepared for the test, etc). I wouldn't call this a nightmare- this is more just a waking up feeling defeated thing.
The couple of nightmares I have had are awful. They typically involve watching family members die, and I wake up crying in a cold sweat. The worst.

overall, i have crazy vivid, ridiculous dreams. i remember a lot of them, too, and they can throw off my morning because I'll think something happened that didn't.

Yep. It is always a French class. The dream is made worse by the fact that I've missed so much of the semester that I don't understand what is being said in the class. Bad juju.

French is terrible. I am watching French movies and getting completely lost with the dialog. You should have chosen Latin as your elective....

I used to have that dream regularly in school. When I became a professor, it turned into having a course I needed to teach that I hadn't taught all semester. Typically a Calculus course.

How do people's dreams change with your life situations? I don't think I've had any dreams with my kids. In some dreams, I'm single.

I have them sometimes that start out as like normal dreams where I'm a hero saving loved ones or something... Then it turns into crazy shit where Rita Repulsa(yup) comes and and kills everyone and I'm totally defeated and about to die.

Twice in the last couple of weeks I've had a dream about entering a race and not being at all prepared for it, and having to pull out because I know I can't do it. I've never really had dreams like this before (never had a class dream where I'm not prepared for the test, etc). I wouldn't call this a nightmare- this is more just a waking up feeling defeated thing.
The couple of nightmares I have had are awful. They typically involve watching family members die, and I wake up crying in a cold sweat. The worst.

overall, i have crazy vivid, ridiculous dreams. i remember a lot of them, too, and they can throw off my morning because I'll think something happened that didn't.

I can usually never run in my dreams, but had a dream last week that I entered my first marathon ever after not running at all for a couple of years and tore off a 2:06. I even stopped to chat and freshen up near the end before getting my picture taken. It was pretty baller.

Spanish class for me - which is a double whammy - haven't studied and won't be able to read the test to wing it.

Pro tip: If you smoke a lot of grass, when you stop to take a break you will get some CRAZY vivid dreams. It's fucking awesome.

I dream about fighting through my house hitting and shooting people who are trying to kill me at least 3 times a year. I have the standard "I didn't study for this test" dreams and I'm 35. One that recurs about once a year...I have three convicts chasing me in the Florida flatwoods and I run until I get hurt so I double back and set nasty traps for them, usually taking them out. I wish I had such a "special set of skills" in the real world!

On a lighter note, I had the flu and a high fever a month ago...I dreamed I walked into the bank to deposit a check and the heads of all the persons around me exploded into flowers.

On rare occasions I'll have a dream that requires a bed check....meaning I have to make sure its my wife sleeping next to me and not the person in the dream. Always the wife....

Last edited:
I dream about fighting through my house hitting and shooting people who are trying to kill me at least 3 times a year. I have the standard "I didn't study for this test" dreams and I'm 35. One that recurs about once a year...I have three convicts chasing me in the Florida flatwoods and I run until I get hurt so I double back and set nasty traps for them, usually taking them out. I wish I had such a "special set of skills" in the real world!

On a lighter note, I had the flu and a high fever a month ago...I dreamed I walked into the bank to deposit a check and the heads of all the persons around me exploded into flowers.

On rare occasions I'll have a dream that requires a bed check....meaning I have to make sure its my wife sleeping next to me and not the person in the dream. Always the wife....

That's okay buddy, keep trying!

My nightmares tend to put me back into situations I've been in before that were unpleasant, not unlike the "realize you forgot about an exam" one mentioned earlier.

Back