• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NIT bubble watch

We have several important players who will be back next year and an NIT run could be a great springboard. If we go out first round, no one will remember or care. It’s minimal risk to participate. Every minute in every game in the NIT for UNC would have simply reminded them of their utter and complete failure this season.

Last year Xavier beat Texas A&M in the finals

Two years ago Memphis beat Mississippi State.

For a program like Cincinnati the NIT is absolutely something to build on.

UNC declining their bid makes total sense.

For Roy it would. Maybe not so much Hubert.

But as I said in another thread, I’m sure the Athletic Department just wants to take this season out behind the shed and relieve it of its misery. They’re ready for Carolina fans to start fixating on Drake Maye.

Was Wisconsin first-four out too? I read they’ve already accepted their bid.

Questionable from WES!, especially as his team heads into the thunderdome that is the Big 12 next year. You'd think the more games vs. quality opposition they can play the better, though with roster turnover the way it is now maybe it doesn't matter
Agreed. Don’t like this decision from outside looking in.

Bad for DR’s business at least to miss out on those games at the Dean Dome.
DR is best friends with a former UNC walk on and Al Wood. That probably explains his dress at Dean Dome. Dudes aren’t letting him hang with the UNC boys wearing Duke stuff. He could prob get away with WF gear.

I would imagine all teams are informed of an invitation before the bracket is released, as it would be a really bad look (for both the NIT and the teams) if they released a bracket and THEN teams backed out (especially higher ranked teams that could be accused of being afraid of their draw)

I have always assumed, the NIt starts getting to work with invitations as soon as the NCAA bracket is announced. There’s a chance we may hear whether they are in prior to the show as Currie may say yes and then trickle down to Twitter.

They weren’t. But they likely would’ve been a 2 seed.

They’ll call the schools and make sure they’re participating down the list. The last thing they want is someone backing out after they’ve released the bracket.

DR is best friends with a former UNC walk on and Al Wood. That probably explains his dress at Dean Dome. Dudes aren’t letting him hang with the UNC boys wearing Duke stuff. He could prob get away with WF gear.
According to who? You believe who he says he is friends with?

Back