• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NIT bubble watch

Kinda curious how the team feels about the NIT. Tyree has played a billion minutes, Carr still nursing the wrist injury that makes him wince every time he touches the ball, now without Monsanto/Ituka/Bradford/McCray we don't have much depth.

Getting Bobi more minutes has some real value, maybe also for Cam, Marsh, Taylor and Keller but less so. Hard to see them making a run so I just wonder if they're ready for the season to be over or if they'd get fired up for more basketball.

so if you care about the NIT, root for Yale right now - if they lose, Princeton goes to the NCAA and Yale would take an autobid NIT slot.

Let’s play. We’re Wake Forest. The NIT isn’t too good for us. We’ve been totally irrelevant since [Redacted] walked through that door 13 years ago. If we get the chance, these players better embrace it.
Yea, I’m all in. It’s the second-best post-season tournament (albeit by a wide margin) and it’s on TV. Plus, it never hurts to be able to say we won 20 games—as it stands, we’re at 19-14. One more win would be nice for recruiting pitches, marketing materials, etc.

Well, Yale getting killed by Princeton, so that's not good.

this is a super likable team that is fun to watch. If they want to keep playing I’ll watch them in whatever tournament they’re in. Would be awesome to host some games, those were fun last year.

I really enjoyed our NIT title run back in the day. Went to a couple of games, one was at Greensboro against Cal because the Joel was booked. if you’re in it might as well win it.
Honestly, that was one of my favorite memories as a student. It was genuinely exciting. There is zero reason right now why we shouldn’t be all in on NIT. We didn’t get snubbed by the NCAAs, we have a bunch of young guys who need experience and the more our name is around, the better.

I don't think we are going to get in honestly. Maybe UNC and Michigan will opt out and that will open up a couple of spots. Not sure what the scuttlebutt is from Currie on the other board.

I started this thread mostly tongue-in-cheek after wondering if somebody with no life had an NIT bubble watch thread, and discovered there actually is such a thing. So all-in on it now; let me know if there's a WNIT bubble watch out there.

Wow, what a douchebag attitude. It's one thing to politely decline, mention schedule difficulties or injuries, etc... That just comes off as bitchy sour grapes.

Geez. tarhole voicing sour grapes at that.

Let's take that open NIT bid if we get it.

LOL at Cincy. I mean, they have more college hoops pedigree than we do, but Bob Huggins ain't walking through that door.

I don't think Wake gets in unless they catch a lot of breaks (such as, for example, schools like Cincy deciding they're above playing in the NIT). Curious whether we would accept a CBI invite, assuming that's even still happening and you still have to pay to play.

Back