• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Non-Political Coronavirus Thread

Have a good friend who was fired from her nursing position in Fargo on friday because she complained to her supervisors about unsafe working conditions.

Not a good time to be in the Dakotas

Probably she was correct the conditions weren’t safe. Probably it’s as much how she said it as anything else.

Just speculating.

A good system, however, will aggressively value the safety of their workers. And exercise a good bit of allowance that everyone is stressed as hell so maybe forebear a good bit of “attitude” (or whatever).

Agree, she should be able to find another job pretty quickly. Hopefully an even better one. Good luck to her.

It is the beginning of the end for the COVID-19 pandemic.

I mean, it'll be late Spring / early Summer before cases really come in, but it sounds like there are going to be enough doses for the US & EU to end this debacle in 2021. The most up-to-date estimate I've seen is that every American will have access to a vaccine by June. It could be even sooner if the other vaccines in late-stage development work as well as what we've seen so far.

Concerns about people not taking it are overblown. I was in the camp that a lot of people wouldn't take it right away, but efficacy is the #1 factor for consumers deciding whether or not to take it. It works... And if it works at 95%+, people will take it.

Beyond that, treatments are improving at a rapid rate due to a number of factors.

To be clear, I'm not saying it is time for life to return to normal... But it appears that we're only a few months away from that "renormalization" process beginning in earnest.

from your lips to god's ears, man

i'll believe it all when i see it, but man i hope you're right

Man I hope this is right- I swear this whipsaws around daily- I thought the latest think was that immunity wasn't that durable and would mostly wane after 3-6 months?

Other than making your own cheese how else do you suggest assembling a cheese plate?

They could have at least sliced it.

ETA: The hard cheeses, I mean. I'm not an animal, suggesting it all be pre-portioned.

Man I hope this is right- I swear this whipsaws around daily- I thought the latest think was that immunity wasn't that durable and would mostly wane after 3-6 months?

that was just BIG VACCINE and fans of the Virus teaming up to challenge our resolve.

0ec35d973eb84c79854844b01dd4281f_md.jpg

Thought for sure that was ad from the Super Bowl. Nope-this Thanksgiving.

Other than making your own cheese how else do you suggest assembling a cheese plate?

When deciding whether to live long-term in Los Angeles or not, fancy high end cheese shops where they'll let you try shit out before ya buy it and they provide the baguette with sliced meats is somewhere in my top 15 reasons to stay

They could have at least sliced it.

ETA: The hard cheeses, I mean. I'm not an animal, suggesting it all be pre-portioned.

Nah man you put out your specialty cheese knives for folks to use.

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic (a strange response to what seems like good news from the NYT) or just really misunderstood RIII.

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic (a strange response to what seems like good news from the NYT) or just really misunderstood RIII.

Actually, you're overemphasizing the context of the phrase in the play here.

Last edited:
pfizer going for final approval now; expect production to start soon.

Back