• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official '16-17 NBA Thread: not with a bang but a whimper

The solution would be increasing parody by adding a super max roster spot that isn't restricted by the cap. Spread the elite talents around.

More parody you say?

giphy.gif

Bigs who can't play defense are a liability. Same issue the Sixers have with Okafor. Monroe is dreadful defensively.
Also terrible from a spacing standpoint. I don't know what RJ is talking about; the consensus is and always has been that Monroe is a miserable fit on that roster.

Henson is a terrible player. People who think he can play D are are why bad teams stay bad. Henson can be pushed out of the way by any NBA starting center and is a total liability on offense. At least Monroe is a big positive on offense and a decent defensive rebounder.

The Lakers go to Philly this weekend. The Sixers should start Townie in the game. The Lakers are falling like a rock and could get back into the race to the bottom. The Sixers should prop them up to get their draft pick.

i am starting

hanging around the top 10 in the league in assists bruh

I know you are but what am I.

I'm yelling into the wind because nothing is going to be done about this, and people in places like Milwaukee, Memphis, and Charlotte will get fucked over by stuff like this and talking heads will talk about it for a cycle and that'll be that each year it happens. It's also emblematic of the issue that the NBA only has two teams that are championship contenders and will win enough games to have the ability to take nights off in those cities.

relating your desk job to a pro athlete is just crazy.

I know you are but what am I.

I'm yelling into the wind because nothing is going to be done about this, and people in places like Milwaukee, Memphis, and Charlotte will get fucked over by stuff like this and talking heads will talk about it for a cycle and that'll be that each year it happens. It's also emblematic of the issue that the NBA only has two teams that are championship contenders and will win enough games to have the ability to take nights off in those cities.

Maybe the other teams should find management as good as SA, Cleveland and GS. Ten teams passed on Klay Thompson. Fourteen teams passed and the Pacers traded the rights to draft Kawhi Leonard. No one took Draymond in the 1st Round. Tony Parker was the last pick of the 1st Round.

If you have good management, you can afford to give stars days off.

So what you're saying is Joe Lacob is light years ahead of everyone else

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i think he's saying every GM should bat 1.000

this is sweet

So what you're saying is Joe Lacob is light years ahead of everyone else

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I'm not mistaken Klay and Draymond were Jerry West picks. I'm 90+% sure West was all over Klay.

And yes, The Logo is light years ahead of most GMs.

Last edited:
The solution would be increasing parody by adding a super max roster spot that isn't restricted by the cap. Spread the elite talents around.

The solution is to give them practice off but not the games if they aren't hurt. Then if any player under a max contract is not legitimately hurt but doesn't play at least half the game in a road city, then the fans get a percentage of their ticket money back, which refund amount comes out of that player's max contract.

Back