• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2016 Republican National Convention thread

BSF4Ls hot takes over the past few days have been inspiring.

Inspiring for me to not eat paint chips when my preferred candidate loses! AMIRITE?!

#rjjoke #stillgotit #dv7komedian

Shouldn't the trend be less viewership just because viewership is down across the board, cut that cable! If anything I'm surprised Dem conventions ever beat Republican viewership simply because of the age of the base.

Shouldn't the trend be less viewership just because viewership is down across the board, cut that cable! If anything I'm surprised Dem conventions ever beat Republican viewership simply because of the age of the base.

Yeah this is actually probably correct, but the numbers are amusing nonetheless because Trump promised huge TV ratings.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the DNC does worse, considering there won't be the theatrical, unhinged and unpredictable nature to it. There was a certain "reality show" allure to the RNC. The DNC will, for the most part, be your standard, run of the mill platform establishment. Ya know, what a national convention usually is.

Semi-related article on how "Cruz May Be the Only Republican Who Understands Trump" and Trump's babyface/heel, WWE style approach to a campaign :

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/21/m...-republican-who-understands-donald-trump.html

Last edited:
My mom, who like many, hates Ted Cruz actually said despite all his flaws at least he had the integrity to not be trumps Bitch. The Rubios and the Christies are such huge pussies it's amazing, just a bunch betas.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the DNC does worse, considering there won't be the theatrical, unhinged and unpredictable nature to it. There was a certain "reality show" allure to the RNC. The DNC will, for the most part, be your standard, run of the mill platform establishment. Ya know, what a national convention usually is.

Semi-related article on how "Cruz May Be the Only Republican Who Understands Trump" and Trump's babyface/heel, WWE style approach to a campaign :

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/21/m...-republican-who-understands-donald-trump.html

Hence the somewhat surprised reaction today by media members to the RNC numbers, people thought they would be huge partially because of the trainwreck possibilities.

Trump had garnered multiple times higher ratings for the debates than had been seen before. Getting less for his speech is going against his personal trends.

I would absolutely agree with you if it wasn't Trump.

So gets ratings through the roof wrong not surprising. Is it the repeating of words and phrases that make him come off as a lunatic or is it just me?

It's the endless rambling about a guy who he already beat who will be out of the headlines yesterday, unless Trump keeps talking about him. Ted Cruz showed him up and he. can. not. stand. it. No self control. Feels the need to respond to anything and everything.

Back