• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2016 Republican National Convention thread

I realize you did preface this by stating it's what you're seeing on social media and coming from the rabid supporters of the different campaigns, but I'm not pissed off, nor do I know others really who are, at the state of the U.S. (with the obvious exception of some of the things that have been pointed out here previously like HB2, gun control, etc). Are most "normal" people really that made at how their lives are going in this America that needs to be "taken back?"

1) the tattoo situation in the nba is out of control

I have all the time in the world if you want to explain the nuance of his straw man about the GOP praising the Orlando shooting. That is definitely something I have time to listen to, if you'd like to explain it to me. In fact, any nuance about LGBT issues you'd like to discuss would be welcomed.

Have you read HB2?

I realize you did preface this by stating it's what you're seeing on social media and coming from the rabid supporters of the different campaigns, but I'm not pissed off, nor do I know others really who are, at the state of the U.S. (with the obvious exception of some of the things that have been pointed out here previously like HB2, gun control, etc). Are most "normal" people really that mad at how their lives are going in this America that needs to be "taken back?"

ELC reads reads social media comments, declares entire country is pissed off.

I realize you did preface this by stating it's what you're seeing on social media and coming from the rabid supporters of the different campaigns, but I'm not pissed off, nor do I know others really who are, at the state of the U.S. (with the obvious exception of some of the things that have been pointed out here previously like HB2, gun control, etc). Are most "normal" people really that mad at how their lives are going in this America that needs to be "taken back?"

It's probably the bubble. The life you lead is much different than most people. Now it's not necessarily apparent because by leading that life one of the perks is you surround yourself with others that are leading that life as well. Like the college statistics where 60%. of people don't have a college education, every person I associate with has a college education and more likely advanced degrees as well. Same with the median household income of only 52000 dollars, how families of 4 and 5 live off 52000 hell if I know. There are large groups of people that are pissed off because they were told their lives would be awesome they are Americans but they realize nope their life is pretty shitty. Now is anything that Trump is proposing going to help them, probably not but they have a voice for their anger now so there's that.

Hillshills have been referencing a number of neo-cons lately. It's scary what the Clintons have done to the party, or rather what the people in the party have done to justify their support for her. A lot of self-described "liberals" seem to have lost their souls. You make a deal with a warmongering devil like Hillary, that happens.

I don't think I've ever heard a stupider opinion than that someone pointing out that even a lot of conservatives hate Trump means something about Hillary.

It is kind of a unique situation where there's a GOP candidate who is anti-trade, isolationist, big govt. and a Dem candidate who is hawkish & centrist.

Politics makes for fucked up bedfellows and even worse true believers.

I mean Bob was a Bernie true believer and now Breitbart is his go to news source. What does that say about Bernie Bros?

I mean Bob was a Bernie true believer and now Breitbart is his go to news source. What does that say about Bernie Bros?

Nothing. Your point is well taken.

I also think both he and Moon have found this alt right movement a fun new way to be weirdos on the internet, and that's probably the extent of it.

You can't generalize all Bernie Bros- I doubt less than 20% share my concerns regarding immigration. Though a poll I saw yesterday showed most will not be voting for Hillary.

#freemilo

While I think he's a loathsome individual, I certainly agree. The things Leslie Jones tweeted were far more offensive and racist than anything he tweeted and it was she who clearly violated the twitter terms of service, not him.

speaking of milo, read this article on him today and confirmed what was obvious, he was overjoyed at his ban and knew it would happen. article also sheds light on the really fucking weird growing hipster fascist movement.

maybe he shouldn't have been banned if only for the reason of that's what he wanted.

While I think he's a loathsome individual, I certainly agree. The things Leslie Jones tweeted were far more offensive and racist than anything he tweeted and it was she who clearly violated the twitter terms of service, not him.

You're not getting it brah, and that's ok.

I mean I tend to agree that Twitter should be the medium and not the message, and it's gonna be fascinating to see how they enforce their new TOS if they ever come out with new ones, but putting yourself in Milo's corner just to protect speech is an interesting cross to die on.

Back