• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2020-21 NBA Finals - Milwaukee Bucks win the NBA Championship!

lol

you have literally hundreds of posts complaining about the refs, your team, your coach

hard for the unhealthy jab to stick, my man

He said he does it to avoid annoying his friends/family. So he knows that it's shit-posting, but does it anyways. I certainly use the boards as a venting/word vomit dumping ground occasionally, but yikes.

He said he does it to avoid annoying his friends/family. So he knows that it's shit-posting, but does it anyways. I certainly use the boards as a venting/word vomit dumping ground occasionally, but yikes.

I've seen your Ohio State posts -- you don't have a place to talk here. I'm complaining about referees, not calling your wife a whore. Chill out.

You also have about 20 posts from last night attacking me, while I am attacking the refs. Just pointing that out.

Last edited:
I've seen your Ohio State posts -- you don't have a place to talk here. I'm complaining about referees, not calling your wife a whore. Chill out.

You also have about 20 posts from last night attacking me, while I am attacking the refs. Just pointing that out.

Hah I was bored in a hotel room in Utah for work with a mild rooting interest in the Suns due to CP3. Not watching MY TEAM, with my friends and family. And it was nowhere near 20 posts. I'm pretty confident I have less tOSU shit-posts in an entire football season than you did last night.

What makes it even weirder, is pretty much everyone ITT actually likes the Bucks and is happy for them. I normally don't get too into the NBA, but thought the last 2 rounds of the playoffs were pretty damn entertaining. But hey, this is what OGBoards is all about.

only thing worse than shoo's incessant whining about referees is some of y'all's incessant whining about shoo's posting

You've got to keep Bud if for nothing else than he is the only coach who properly knows how to wear the quarter-zip with the collar folded and zipper down. All of these other jokers with it zipped to the chin look like they should be walking the streets of Khazakhstan with an RPG slung over their shoulder.

Reposting this as, per usual, I was the only one with the correct coaching assessment here. Good work by him the last couple of games taking it to higher level by going with a collared shirt under the quarter-zip. That solidified the win under the Belichick principal.

only thing worse than shoo's incessant whining about referees is some of y'all's incessant whining about shoo's posting

This is the correct take. I completely understand that my ref whining was obnoxious -- even though I was correct. Time for Tigers, Juice, and Stugotz to do some similar self-reflection about their own mini-obsession shit-posting and their own sports whining. I also fully encourage each of them to put me on ignore to hopefully quell that mini-obsession.

I love all of you. Go Bucks.

Where does CP3 rank among guys to have never won a ring? Malone, Barkley, and Elgin Baylor are definitely better. He’s likely a tier below Miller, Stockton, and maybe Nash. He’s better than Harden and Westbrook.

I'll be curious to see how non-superteam candidates make roster construction moves going forward -- the Suns got Ayton from the top of the lottery, but most of the other players last night we acquired outside the top-10 in the draft, by trade, or free agency

I'm a Process believer, but I think its appeal is at an all-time low among fans

Would've liked to have seen CP get his ring. That was likely his last chance unless he goes and joins the Lakers, in which case I will be actively rooting against him. People like to dwell on his postseason failures without looking at how his teams usually overachieve during the regular season, and in particular how he has made the big men around him very rich. The Suns overachieved by all measures throughout the year. If they had been knocked out by the Lakers in round one, nobody would've been surprised and nobody would blame CP3. They should've beaten the Bucks, but Giannis had a series like Dirk did for Dallas when he put the whole team on his back. Very impressive. While I'm glad somebody new won a title, it still feels to me like it was the Jason Kidd Nets beating the Jason Kidd Nets or something-- just a couple teams that would've been lucky to last 6 games against just about any champ of the last several decades.

How about Kidd Nets vs. Billups Pistons?

I disagree.

This Bucks team would have given last year’s Lakers fits. Same with the Kawhi Raptors. A lesser Bucks team got up 2-0 on the Raptors.

I disagree.

This Bucks team would have given last year’s Lakers fits. Same with the Kawhi Raptors. A lesser Bucks team got up 2-0 on the Raptors.

A healthy LAL is way more equipped to guard Giannis than most teams in the league. It would’ve been closer than the Suns series but I still give the edge to LA.

Would've liked to have seen CP get his ring. That was likely his last chance unless he goes and joins the Lakers, in which case I will be actively rooting against him. People like to dwell on his postseason failures without looking at how his teams usually overachieve during the regular season, and in particular how he has made the big men around him very rich. The Suns overachieved by all measures throughout the year. If they had been knocked out by the Lakers in round one, nobody would've been surprised and nobody would blame CP3. They should've beaten the Bucks, but Giannis had a series like Dirk did for Dallas when he put the whole team on his back. Very impressive. While I'm glad somebody new won a title, it still feels to me like it was the Jason Kidd Nets beating the Jason Kidd Nets or something-- just a couple teams that would've been lucky to last 6 games against just about any champ of the last several decades.

Yeah, I don't like hearing about his postseason failures as if it's his fault. He languished in New Orleans, then played on some fun to watch but flawed Clipper teams and then not fun to watch and flawed Rocket teams. He's never been on a team as talented as those Jazz teams with Stockton and Malone. And he acquitted himself well in the series and last night in particular. Not his fault that Booker got colder as the series went on, that the Bucks played better D on him and Booker as the series went on, and that Giannis and Middleton played great. Those 5 blocks by Giannis were amazing, as was his 50 points, and it was still close with a minute to play when Middleton hit that absolute dagger.

Also agree that I'd rather see him not win a title than go to the Lakers to create another super team. I enjoyed this series way more than LAL winning it last Fall and way more than if he goes to LAL and they face the Nets in next year's final.

I disagree.

Great point about the 2019 Bucks. In the game 6 loss to the Raptors, the Bucks were relying on Ersan Illsova and Eric Bledsoe to play key roles. Giannis was 24 year-old and he scored 21 in the game 6 loss to Toronto. Giannis at age 26 is actually a year younger than either LeBron or Jordan were when they won their first titles. There is no doubt that the 2021 Bucks are way ahead of the 2019 Bucks. Think its fair to expect even more growth from Giannis' game than Jordan or LeBron from age 26 on.

Also, on this thread, some referred to Paul moving on the Lakers to chase a ring. IMO, the Suns with Ayton and Booker (and Bridges and others) have a better chance to get back to the NBA finals than the Lakers. LeBron turns 37 during next season, and the AD's injury issues aren't going away. PHX will need to add another piece, but AZ is an attractive destination, and Monty Williams is a beloved coach. Everyone still seems to be in love with the Nets, but their injury issues weren't a fluke. No reason to count on that team being healthy for the 2022 playoffs, and Nash is still a huge ? as a coach.

Think both the Suns and the Bucks are positioned as well as any other teams in the NBA to return the finals next year.

Agreed. The Bucks are in great shape. Wouldn't be surprised if Giannis comes back next year with a less frequent, more dependable 3-point shot. Maybe get to 33-35% on fewer than 3 attempts a game. They'll be an attractive spot for rotation guys as well.

And we've mentioned that Giannis is younger than Jordan and Lebron when they won their first title. It's important to remember that Duncan was 23.

Back