• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2020 NBA Offseason - First Half Season Schedule Out

I agree with this.

https://twitter.com/trevjanal/status/1329962878217187330

I think they’re just trying to make sure Collins is playing straight up PF with a C or small ball C with a wing who can play small ball PF. They’re building a lineup around Collins.

Capela/Collins/Gallinari/Huerter/Young

Then take out Capela and insert another wing to go small.

They didn’t want to pay Kemba but this?

How the hell you not pay Kemba but pay Hayward and his broken body that $$$???

I guess the Hornets decided they want to reclaim their birthright of a 7-8 seed and first round exit

Also, I'm late to this conversation, but I don't think the Gallinari signing signals one way or the other what the Hawks want to do with Collins. Gallinari is 32 years old and the Hawks window is literally just opening. This was a signing for a young team that needed a veteran big and has plenty of excess cap room. JC's future probably comes down to if the Hawks think they can attract one of the big name FA's in 2021, otherwise the Hawks will (well should) just max Collins and go all in on Collins/Trae with an actually competent team around them for their contention window.

This season Hawks rotation likely looks like:

PG: Trae, Kris Dunn
SG: Huerter, Snell
SF: Reddish, Hunter
PF: Collins, Gallinari
C: Capela, Onkongwu

I wouldn't be surprised to see Gallinari start games at SF and play some of his minutes there, then rotate to PF when either of Collins/Capela are out. That would probably be super ugly defensively but the alternative is bringing the $20 million/year guy off the bench.

hornets waive and stretch batum's $27mm to sign hayward. will now have a $9mm dead cap hit for the next 3 seasons. wonder who we will sign when we waive and stretch the last year of hayward's deal.

this hayward signing is pretty brutal the more i think about it. just keep batum for this year, get the $27mm off the books and then if you want to overpay someone, go for it. welp.

Terrible signing. As good as he can be its not like Hayward is some unique, generational talent.

And that is why the Hornets are the Hornets. Oh my.

Won’t this be worth it if Gordon gets back to All Star Form or close? I mean everyone who’s decent gets big money today. When healthy in Boston he had decent numbers and was 3rd-4th option

Also, I'm late to this conversation, but I don't think the Gallinari signing signals one way or the other what the Hawks want to do with Collins. Gallinari is 32 years old and the Hawks window is literally just opening. This was a signing for a young team that needed a veteran big and has plenty of excess cap room. JC's future probably comes down to if the Hawks think they can attract one of the big name FA's in 2021, otherwise the Hawks will (well should) just max Collins and go all in on Collins/Trae with an actually competent team around them for their contention window.

This season Hawks rotation likely looks like:

PG: Trae, Kris Dunn
SG: Huerter, Snell
SF: Reddish, Hunter
C: Capela, Onkongwu

I wouldn't be surprised to see Gallinari start games at SF and play some of his minutes there, then rotate to PF when either of Collins/Capela are out. That would probably be super ugly defensively but the alternative is bringing the $20 million/year guy off the bench.

This will be the depth chart (not including Bogdan Bogdanovich, or another FA)

PG: Trae, Rondo (Dunn)
SG: Reddish, Huerter, Snell
SF: Hunter, Dunn
C: Capela, Onkongwu, Fernando

Collins is a big part of the Hawks future i.e. > $20M/year but probably not a max contract.

Back