• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2021-22 Bowl Projections Thread - Championship Week

i wish they would move some of these games back to 1/1. It sucks not having multiple games to choose from.

Jacksonville sucks, but it is really easy to get to. I'd take the Gator Bowl over the Holiday Bowl, for sure.

But obviously the Peach Bowl is ideal.

Is already scoping out a post Christmas Savannah trip followed by jaunt over to Atlanta for the peach bowl.

On Packer and Durham this morning, Currie mentioned Peach or Fiesta. First time I'd heard Fiesta come into the mix.

Fiesta has always been a possibility but the committee usually takes travel/distance heavily into account.

FWIW, Currie is a "Life Member" on the Fiesta Bowl Board of Directors. Might just be because he was AD at K-State when they went in 2013?

Fiesta has always been a possibility but the committee usually takes travel/distance heavily into account.

I think it would also depend on what other teams are in the running for NY6 games.

They might (wrongly) feel that Wake isn't going to bring many people regardless of location and send us to the Fiesta.

I think it would also depend on what other teams are in the running for NY6 games.

They might (wrongly) feel that Wake isn't going to bring many people regardless of location and send us to the Fiesta.

I think John Currie has enough cachet in the college sports world that people will listen when he presents data on ticket sales

I think John Currie has enough cachet in the college sports world that people will listen when he presents data on ticket sales

Wake has a track record of bringing people to bowls when logistics are reasonable. Currie has something to work with. Wake also does a decent job when the logistics are ridiculous (Honolulu, Seattle).

Back