• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2021 NBA Thread - Preseason (and WNBA Finals talk)

there is no world in which ben can be convinced to take 7-10 threes a game

my guess is the sixers with all the lost leverage have to deal him for less than he's worth as a defensive asset and can hope to just get a bad contract and some young players in return

the frustrating thing as a sixers fan is ben's insistence that the organization and fans haven't treated him well. i'm not sure what else he wants. he got a max deal, fans cheered every time he even attempted a three, and went absolutely nuts when he made one, were supportive of him at the free throw line, etc. etc. he needs to take accountability for his offensive shortcomings, because every philly fan i know defends him to the death as a good player for his defensive capabilities.

Shocking that, after actively and openly promoting a culture of losing for many years, the franchise is held hostage by a guy who appears to be going down as one of the biggest losers in the history of the sport.

the frustrating thing as a sixers fan is ben's insistence that the organization and fans haven't treated him well. i'm not sure what else he wants. he got a max deal, fans cheered every time he even attempted a three, and went absolutely nuts when he made one, were supportive of him at the free throw line, etc. etc. he needs to take accountability for his offensive shortcomings, because every philly fan i know defends him to the death as a good player for his defensive capabilities.

did you sub his twitch stream tho

there is no world in which ben can be convinced to take 7-10 threes a game

Oh I was just joking, would never actually expect that. I just think it would be funny if Ben comes out and does what a lot of his critics want (shoot more) but does it so poorly that there’s no choice but to trade him so he stops doing that.

Also, yeah I’d be beyond frustrated if I was a Sixers fan, it’s a situation in which nobody wins.

Simmons could be a nice PF who can finish in the paint, pass, and defend every position, basically an elite version of what the Nuggets are paying Aaron Gordon to be. I don't think that's a fit for the Sixers and I don't know who is going to give up a ton of assets for that or pay his remaining contract.

Plus, his behavior evidencing that he is both a massive head-case and useless in high pressure situation also crimps Simmons' trade value. Who wants a constant headache playing on a max contract (only another team with a headache on max contract)?

what is the ideal ben simmons situation anyway? take out trade partners/salary/etc... what is the situation you plop him in now and it's great for him and the team. i'm drawing a blank.

Like I suggested before, I think he’d be a good fit with the Nuggets instead of Aaron Gordon. They could use another passer. They don’t need another scorer. They need a guy who can defend all positions. He wouldn’t necessarily clog up the lane for Jokic. He’d have a pure shooter in MPJ and a scorer in Murray. Simmons at the 4 would allow them to put another scorer with Murray.

what is the ideal ben simmons situation anyway? take out trade partners/salary/etc... what is the situation you plop him in now and it's great for him and the team. i'm drawing a blank.

Dallas? But you'd need to find a 3rd team for Porzingis.

i think that's pretty good but ideally i think he wants to be the primary ball handler, don't know if that works with murray but it could. i think he'll have to adjust his expecations for the role he's going to play on his next team.

like dallas too, he gonna stand in the corner on not be a threat to shoot 3s while luka has the ball?

Official 2021 NBA Draft - Farewell, Condor (JJ Redick retires) and Ben Simmons?

Dallas needs more scorers around Luka not fewer.

Portland with Dame and CJ would work.

I don’t think Simmons is going to be successful as a primary ball handler. He’d be great as a second ball handler with a bunch of shooters.

He’d probably fit with the T-Wolves.

Last edited:
fit problem is because he is a really good ball dominant PG, you want the ball in his hands, but any PG that has no shot outside of the paint is tough to play in the modern NBA. that's mitigated for him because he's a big on D, really anything on D, but offensively any fit for him is awkward.

the closest thing would be what MKE built around giannis (no ball dominant guards), but ben isn't good enough to build a team around.

Dallas needs more scorers around Luka not fewer.

Portland with Dame and CJ would work.

Portland and Sacramento seem like the best fits for him and have some assets that make it possible, at least in theory.

Official 2021 NBA Draft - Farewell, Condor (JJ Redick retires) and Ben Simmons?

Portland and Sacramento seem like the best fits for him and have some assets that make it possible, at least in theory.

Don’t think Kings have enough ballhandlers already? I guess the Sixers would be happy to get Haliburton, Hield, and a 1st though.

Last edited:
Back