• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2022-23 College Basketball Thread: UCONN - One Shining Moment

I gave up watching non-WF Duke games, particularly in Cameron, about 15 years ago. I don’t know how any WF fan can stomach them.

I did tune in to see the end of UNC pissing on K’s retirement once I saw the score on Twitter.

The Carrier Dome is empty. That place is going to be a real liability for the Cuse in years ahead.
This is what happens when you bring entirely different schools with 0 rivalry or common history into a conference for football money. Not unique to Cuse. Why would Cuse fans feel the same way they do about a Tuesday night matchup with State or Wake as they would have with UConn or Georgetown or St. John's?

Once again, thanks ESPN! Realignment is working out great!

Looked like a good crowd for a cold Tuesday night to me.

Providence Creighton on FS1 is excellent television. Providence has been such a fun program the last two years. The non-football conferences really do basketball (and athletics in general) right. Everything gets better when your first priority is something other than maximizing viewership in one sport at the expense of anything and everything else.

Terquavion Smith with the absolutely perfect Terquavion Smith performance: 5-16 from the field, 4-12 from 3 for 14 points in 38 minutes.

Our loss to NCSU was a big deal. We need to redeem ourselves with a win in Raleigh.

With some of these teams faltering a bit down the stretch, the door is wide open for Wake Forest.

I still say 13-7 gets us in. It’s just a matter of getting there.

13-7. The 2nd time's the charm.

Still chapped that 13-7 Top 5 ACC didn't earn a NCAAT bid last year. :(

What is the probability that we finish 13-7? 11-9 is the most likely outcome. But at least we have a puncher’s chance to make the NCAA again with 6 games to go.

Is it too soon to root against bubble teams? I did not think so. New Mexico getting their asses kicked by Air Force.
New Mexico follows this up by getting stomped at home by Wyoming. This looks like Wyoming's first true road victory of the year. Of their few wins, the one pointer against Colorado State was probably the previous best win on the season.

Still not the worst few days by a New Mexico hoops program.

Duke's close victory at home over Notre Dame dropped them down to a season low #41 in KP.

Wisconsin's ugly win at home over Michigan did nothing to help them, either.

It's looking very iffy that we get back a Q1 win at this point.

We have to win 2 out of the 3 against Miami, State, and Cuse. All on the road. It’s going to be extremely difficult.
Extremely difficult indeed. Winning one of those is going to be difficult enough.

Since 2007-
Haven't won at Miami (lost 9 straight)
2-13 in Raleigh
-We have never won @Syracuse (0-5)

We’ve got to win out in the regular season to even have a shot at an at large bid. Duke has no shot at being “q1” now, Wisconsins chances are minimal. At this point, probably wise to root against them.

Dumb, but it’s the system we live in.

If Wake won out that'd mean we had 2 Q1 wins (State and Miami road both guaranteed) and 14-6 in the ACC. That's a mortal lock for the tournament.

Back