• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2022-23 NBA Offseason - Aces win WNBA Finals; Preseason; NBA Fantasy League last call

Dubs are also hilariously bad on the road and Kings may have the best home environment in the NBA right now.

ETA: can Dubs incorporate Wiggins this late? Who guards all the shooters, etc. Sabonis is incredibly hard to defensively scheme for bc of his versatility.

feels like Draymond is as well-equipped to guard Sabonis as anyone

I'd think Looney would be guarding him.

Seems like people always wonder about how the Warriors will guard a star post player and Draymond and Looney do just fine. The Kings need the other dudes like Barnes, Murray, Huerter, and Monk to get buckets.
This worked out fine for the Warriors.

Regular season Sabonis - 19.1 pts, 12.3 reb, 7.3 ast, 61.5% fg
Playoff Sabonis vs. Dubs - 16.4 pts, 11.0 reb, 4.7 ast, 49.5% fg

Warriors basically dared Sabonis to shoot outside of 8 feet all series and it worked. I think it rattled him over the series too

Warriors basically dared Sabonis to shoot outside of 8 feet all series and it worked. I think it rattled him over the series too
Sabonis shot 37% from deep this year averaging a little over one attempt a game. He shot 1-5 this series. Baffling. Just shoot.

Bummer that the Kings lost, and y'all are right about Sabonis. He blinked in his 1st big series. But I see this team improving and think they'll be a contender the next few years.

I hated seeing Playoff Jimmy go down yesterday. Way too many injuries this year. Not sure who to root for in that series. I hate all NYC teams in all sports, but I think the Knicks have the better chance of knocking off the Celtics who I hate more.

Yeah. The Kings are in good shape.

The Kings broadcasts with Mark Jones and my girl Kayte Christensen live to hype up Sabonis as comparable to Jokic. I think he’s well short but he could get close. Jokic is like a younger version of the Arvydas Sabonis we got to see.

But if he doesn’t get close, I’m counting down to when Keegan Murray surpasses Sabonis. Murray looked like he has a high floor and a high ceiling. Worst case he’s a dependable stretch 4. Best case he’s Sabonis with a shot.

The Warriors could give up on the #2 player in the 2020 draft because they developed the #30 player in the 2015 draft.

As far as Sabonis, agree or disagree?

Agree. Fair or not, my lasting memory of that series will be images from the third quarter of Game 7 of Looney grabbing every rebound in sight and the crowd getting increasingly (and noticeably) deflated.

Yeah. Casual fans probably started watching this series or even this game thinking “This Sabonis is pretty good” and they shifted to “Sabonis is kinda weak.”

if steph wins the title this year I think you might need to put him in the top-10 all-time

There’s already a strong argument for Steph as the greatest PG of all time. One more championship would put him even with Magic. He revolutionized the game. He’s the greatest shooter of all time.

top-five and/or passing lebron as the GOAT of the generation is NOT out of the question

probably too much of a zero on defense to pass lebron in my book, though

The Kings broadcasts with Mark Jones and my girl Kayte Christensen live to hype up Sabonis as comparable to Jokic. I think he’s well short but he could get close. Jokic is like a younger version of the Arvydas Sabonis we got to see.

But if he doesn’t get close, I’m counting down to when Keegan Murray surpasses Sabonis. Murray looked like he has a high floor and a high ceiling. Worst case he’s a dependable stretch 4. Best case he’s Sabonis with a shot.
I wish the Soviet Union had imploded a decade + earlier than it did so we could have gotten prime Sabonis. That guy was just as good as Jokic, if not better. And yeah, junior has quite a ways to go before he can be mentioned in the same breath as his dad or Jokic.

I think the mantra about Steph needs to move from greatest shooter, to one of the greatest scorers. A lot of guys have passed through the league who are accurate shooters. What separates Steph from them all is how he can do it in every possible way and in such small spaces. Then, you throw his ball handling ability and his off the dribble floater on top of it and it really leaves no answer for him defensively.

Arvydas was such a unique player at 7'3/292 pounds.

Very few people saw him in his prime.

Nikola Jokic is listed at 7 foot/255 and plays plenty big.

Domantas Sabonis has always looked like a PF to me at 6'11/240, but more like a Tim Duncan PF, who is forced to play Center.

And Keegan Murray is dissimilar to these guys, as he is 6'8/225 and a wing/stretch 4. Sure, he could muscle up some, but he's not going to swing over to play center. He looks like Tobias Harris out there, to me.

Keegan Murray doesn’t have to be similar to any of them to be the #1 guy for the Kings in the future.

From the clips I’ve seen, young Arvydas was a combination of Jokic, young Shaq, and David Robinson.

If Embiid isn't ready tonight after not playing since April 20th, is another 48 hours gonna really do much? Important note for the Celtics-Sixers series is that there's only 1 day off between all games in the series except for 2 days off between Games 6 and 7 (I'm sure it's something similar for all series but haven't looked).

Las Vegas has essentially conceded the series to the Celtics. Boston is -500 to win the series; that verges on #1 seed versus #8 seed territory in the opening round. Feel like Boston has lot of question marks, but the path to the championship series opened up for them:

• Embid hurt
  • Bucks get upset
  • Butler now hurt
  • Randle hurt

How much do you think the odds would shift if the injury bug evened out and Tatum got hurt?

If Embiid isn't ready tonight after not playing since April 20th, is another 48 hours gonna really do much? Important note for the Celtics-Sixers series is that there's only 1 day off between all games in the series except for 2 days off between Games 6 and 7 (I'm sure it's something similar for all series but haven't looked).
Yea, this seems...not good.

Back