• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2022 College Football Thread: Georgia is Back to Back Champions !!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amazing how many rubes are entertained by B10 football to get that new tv deal. It’s just dire.

Amazing how many rubes are entertained by B10 football to get that new tv deal. It’s just dire.

Also has to do with the existence of millions of alums of those schools. Many of them live in big metro areas where the media carriers can charge more to subscribers for the B1G content.

Also has to do with the existence of millions of alums of those schools. Many of them live in big metro areas where the media carriers can charge more to subscribers for the B1G content.

Sure, but it’s a dogshit product

Pretty lame slate. The numbers have moved massively so not lots of value as the games that bettors and books would typically ignore have gotten scrutinized.

Light plays on:

Charlotte +7.5
NT/UTEP U 54.5
NM ST./NEVADA U49.5

Like Vandy at Hawaii, but that line move is insane. Went from Vandy -3.5 to -9. Illinois went from -9 to -13 and NM State went from +14 to +8.5. Would lean to UCONN + all of those points. Utah State plays at Bama next week; so, they may pull their starters when/if they get up a couple of scores. Utah State was among the luckiest teams in the nation last year. Also think Jim Mora is an upgrade for UCONN on the sidelines. None of these are with a strong conviction.

pilch what would you guess is your all-time sports bet success %?

I know we have a slate of our own dudes in this category, Hartman notwithstanding, but damn it feels like Storm Duck and Josh Downs have been in the league for eons.

UNC defense looks absolutely terrible.

ALEXA, PLAY THE FAMU FIGHT SONG

FAMU down 21-14 with half its football team missing. Love it. Absolutely love it.

Watching UNC game. The Florida A&M QB Moussa is legit.

Just like that Vandy is up 14-7.

Now it's 35-10 with 9:39 left in the 3rd.

42-10 after another scoop and score.

Last edited:
pilch what would you guess is your all-time sports bet success %?

Hard to say. I've been doing it a long time and have managed to hang in with a small profit. Have had plenty of agonizing loss streaks, which hurt more than the high received from winning streaks. Anyone that claims a consistent winning percentage above 60% is probably lying.

There are a lot easier ways to make money, but I enjoy it... usually. With the proliferation of betting options through legalized gambling, there are more opportunities to get decent sized middles, particularly on futures (like season win totals) which is one of the rare times where the bettor has the edge. For me, the best chance to make money betting individual games is still in college hoop focusing on a few smaller conferences (SoCon, Sun Belt, CAA) that's one of the few places where you can get an edge over the linemaker (particularly early in the season) if you do the research. Also, the grind of Sports Betting has given me a big edge when entering contests that include the public (have done well in NCAAT pools, PGA season pools, college and NFL pick em pools). That doesn't help the win %, but does help the bottom line.

Which is why there needs to be a college football version of RedZone. ESPN should be able to do this with SEC and ACC games once the new deal kicks in. I’d pay extra for that.

Which is why there needs to be a college football version of RedZone. ESPN should be able to do this with SEC and ACC games once the new deal kicks in. I’d pay extra for that.

I thought there was one

ESPN does a RedZone knock-off called ESPN Goal Line. They usually air it on ESPN News on College Football Saturday afternoons. Not positive, but I think the drop-ins are limited to ESPN owned games. So, if Bama is playing LSU on CBS, ESPN can't show live lookins of that game.

Back