• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2022 College Football Thread: Georgia is Back to Back Champions !!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Questions we’d never thought we’d ask:

Should we root for Oklahoma against Kansas to lower the number of one-loss P5 conference champs who could beat out Wake for a CFP bid?
Let Kansas win. I still don’t believe they’re particularly good. 100% certain they’re better than they’ve been, but when you’re ranked 100+, there’s a lot of room for that to be true without being a contender.

#41 in SP+. They beat #40 Iowa St 14-11 at home. #47 WVU on the road in OT. Beat up #63 Houston on the road. And #77 Duke at home 35-27.

4 solid wins. None spectacular. And I’d guess they’ll lose 2-3 more even if they upset Oklahoma.

Oh it wasn’t a seriously question. I’m enjoying the Sooner collapse. Rock chalk!

Despite the loss Kansas seems to be getting the heartwarming Cinderella story we thought we’d be getting last year.

For some reason, sports media loves Kansas. They got that love 15 years ago too. Wake just isn't going to get that kind of love.

Daniels is out for the year for KU. Might not matter against OU if they keep running 3 man fronts and definitely won't matter if Dillon Gabriel is out because a FG will win the game, but it matters for their season.

Daniels is out for the year for KU. Might not matter against OU if they keep running 3 man fronts and definitely won't matter if Dillon Gabriel is out because a FG will win the game, but it matters for their season.
He tweeted that that was news to him. So who knows. I posted it on the previous page.

For some reason, sports media loves Kansas. They got that love 15 years ago too. Wake just isn't going to get that kind of love.
It's how we keep that edge going. We get ranked top ten and Clawson will say we are disrespected. Love it.

ESPN is trained to love Kansas because of the basketball team. It's why they would have no problem hyping Kentucky, and why the media loved Duke the season they made the ACC CG. They are lazy as fuck, but they recognize the brand.

Sounds like Gabriel is back. Line is also up to OU -9. This is nearing must-play land, even with Gabriel.

I also have no earthly clue how Clemson is only favored by 3.5 (down from 4.5) against FSU. It's probably a sucker bet, and I already took it. Hell, I'll probably bet a Clemson alternate total of -13.5 or -16.5 closer to kick. Norvell is awful (and could lose the team), Travis is really bad when pressured, and Clemson should dominate defensively.

I have concerns about FSU scoring enough to win the game, but also think FSU's defense is pretty solid. I can see a low scoring game especially if FSU gets pressure early on against DJU. FSU's post win expectancy against State was like 85% - they handed that game away. Even if you think State is overrated, FSU went on the road and was a dumb play call and throw away from beating a top 25 team (by nearly any/ever ranking/metric). That's not a bad team. I think it speaks to Wake's ability and talent as well.

I can see this as a 20-17 type game if FSU comes to play. But yeah....Clemson -3.5 is almost too tempting to pass up.

FSU's DL got worked in the 2nd half by State's mediocre OL. They got worked by Wake's OL outside of like 2 series. Having Verse and Lovett back to full strength (TBD there) would be a huge help though.

FSU's WRs and Travis need to torch Clemson Deacs style to have a shot, IMHO, and I don't see that happening with the type of pressure Clemson will get.

I mean they gave up 19 points to NC State (who is mediocre on offense) and "only" allowed 31 to the best offense in the ACC. Sure we took our foot off the gas to run the clock/shorten the game in the second half, but I viewed the Wake-FSU game as a top 10-15 offense taking care of business against a top 25-30 defense which happens. I mean we scored like 5 touchdowns in a row against Clemson who has a top 15 defense.

The biggest indictment of an FSU defense so far is the Louisville game allowing 31.

Biff acts like it's 72 degrees and sunny every day in Atlanta during the month of December.

Isn't there some crazy stat about how long it's been an SEC team played a game north of the Mason Dixon line after October?

Back