• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2023 College Football Thread: Michigan Recognized as National Champions of Cheating !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought Klubnik made some throws that were fine. But it felt like every single one of his throws was to one of the sidelines, which I don't really understand at all.

I'm not a football coach so there very well may be a valid reason for it, but it's felt like Clemson doesn't attack the middle of the field with the passing game this year or last year. It's just throws to RBs and throws to WRs on the sidelines. Hard to get explosive plays like that.
Teams with young/inexperienced QBs typically don't trust them to throw over the middle very often. The "safe" throws are to the sidelines, where if you miss high -- which young QBs do often because their adrenaline is firing -- it's out of bounds. If you miss high over the middle, you're playing with fire and just counting down until you're throwing INTs.

On the first drive, Klubnik threw the third-down pass high over the middle and it was a dropped INT.

Ummmm, if you follow Elko's resume, he is always ready to move on for a better gig. He's probably gone after this year.

Wake DC to Notre Dame DC to Texas A&M DC to Duke HC. His next stop is an SEC school as HC.
And he stayed what, one or two years in each position?

New ESPN Power Rankings

1) Georgia
2) FSU
3) Michigan
4) Alabama
5) USC
6) Ohio St.
7) Penn St.
8) Wash
9) Tenn
10) Utah
11) Texas
12) Oregon
13) ND
14) UNC
15) Ore St.
16) K St.
17) LSU
18) Ole Miss
19) Duke
20) OU
21) Colorado
22) A&M
23) Wisc.
24) Tulane
25) Clemson

Really disappointed with Clemson last night. I had gotten used to seeing mostly visiting colors at that stadium and can't remember the last time it was full of Dukies. Elko and that Duke QB are for real. Klubnik looks pedestrian, making it 2 pedestrian QBs in a row after 2 legendary QBs. I agree with the comments about Dabo not taking advantage of the portal and promoting from within too much. FSU should trounce them.

Dear God fellas. Clemson has been in the top 10 in recruiting rankings - easily - consistently every year for a while now. And you think Dabo is being punished for not using the transfer portal? Because they lost one game and because they went 11-3 last year? Yeah, time to move on from Dabo. Holy smokes. Clemson fielded an exponentially more talented team last night than Duke, transfers or not. That was a unusual way to lose. Clemson has been a very good team every year for like 12 years and that's not changing. ONE GAME. This is like the overreaction to Colorado winning one game. Let's cool some jets. Hype hype hype

I stand corrected on post game expectancy. Duke was 85% to win based on stats. Solid stuff there even with the turnover location benefits

Which HC job will Elko head to after this season? Florida, TAMU, Mich St.

Dabo's refusal to work the portal and his dismissiveness towards NIL is the recruiting equivalent of refusing to move past the wing-t. He can still field talented teams and win a number of games that would make Wake fans very happy, but the expectation for him is to win championships and he's choosing to play by different rules than everyone else.

Just adding to Nebraska’s close game misery the last few years they were 94% to beat Minnesota. The Colorado Nebraska game is really going to be fascinating.

I thought Clemson's offense looked overwrought. I've never seen an offense seemingly wear itself out on 4 - 7 yard plays and routinely just collapse in the red zone like that. Klubnik looked over coached and unable to make the reads they kept giving him within 10 yards. Just to my amateur eye, they weren't getting enough spacing and that led to overlapping timing on routes. You can't read the whole field all at once, and if everyone is running 4 - 7 yard routes it not only clogs up the lanes but has them all breaking within the same second. It was like an oddly designed west coast offense with more runs than usual. I thought Klubnik
did okay with it until the redzone, but I still have no idea why they wouln't try and spread the field a little more and let their 5 star QB take shots down the field.

Something that has always been a part of Dabo's offenses is when everything is sputtering, just try and run it down their throats, or run WR screens/picks. Duke did a good job of not giving up big plays, but were constantly coughing up 4 - 7 yards. They bent, but were able to not break when it mattered most.

Last edited:
Very strange game. It would have felt totally different if Clemson hadn't fumbled twice inside the 5 and missed 2 short field goals. They likely would have won and people would be much less concerned about them. Kind of flukey.

Klubnik is fucking horrible. But, given our luck!?!? They'll start another 5-star against us and he'll throw for 700 yards in his debut!!!
Don't speak such too soon. He'll have enough time to smooth out the kinks by the time we play. Don't be surprised if they steamroll us on the way to a huge blow out.

Back