• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

OFFICIAL 2023 Wake Forest Demon Deacons Football Thread

Yeah, anyone with money enough to poach probably would go for someone who had put up real live numbers like any of our WRs + Ellison, or had some serious tape (Carson, Mustapha, Davis), I think. But I have no idea, really, who knows how deep these guys go into rosters.

Didn’t Maryland basically poach our 4th string guy after 1 good quarter in a spring game?
I don't think they had to do much poaching. Edwards wanted playing time and he wasn't going to get it at Wake for several years. He had enough connections at Maryland that it was an easy jump

Zamari Stevenson out for the year. Secondary will continue to be a concern.

I am not terribly worried about someone who was maybe CB6 going down (as much as I love Z)
I was thinking he was more likely CB3 behind Carson and jones? We have lots of safeties few corners it seems. A young player will have to step up.

if you are cynical, i think it’s not too hyperbolic to suggest that based on history, a guy like stevenson is gonna get downplayed now but then used as an excuse down the line when our defense struggles.

but i’m pretty optimistic around our defensive coaching staff these days, i think we will be surprised.

Zamari Stevenson out for the year. Secondary will continue to be a concern.
What happened? We are just so thin on defense. I'm not worried about us scoring this season but I'm very worried about stopping anyone.

I was thinking he was more likely CB3 behind Carson and jones? We have lots of safeties few corners it seems. A young player will have to step up.
got 4 they feel comfortable with(on the outside) just need one. But they were never gonna get away without a young corner giving them something this year

Turn your head, see the ball and knock it down.

We do that better and we beat Clemson last year.
Easier said than done while running at top speed trying to keep up with a receiver who is trying to shake you.

Back