• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

OFFICIAL 2023 Wake Forest Demon Deacons Football Thread

My ranking of the position groups for the upcoming season:

Offense:
1. WR
2. RB
3. QB
4. OL
5. TE

Defense:
1. S
2. DE
3. CB
4. LB
5. DT

My ranking of the position groups for the upcoming season:

Offense:
1. WR
2. RB
3. QB
4. OL
5. TE

Defense:
1. S
2. DE
3. CB
4. LB
5. DT
I'd flip QB and OL. There are a lot more returning experienced, high performing starters on the line than at QB. The QB group can be good. However, there is one college start total among all of them. There are proven, experienced starters for most of the O-line spots.

I'd flip QB and OL. There are a lot more returning experienced, high performing starters on the line than at QB. The QB group can be good. However, there is one college start total among all of them. There are proven, experienced starters for most of the O-line spots.
Aren’t Jurgens and Gordon the only returning OL starters?

An entertaining interview not entirely focussed on football. Food and children share the spotlight.

Has anyone received their electronic season tickets? Asking for a friend, who is me, who does not believe that he has received his electronic season tickets.

Has anyone received their electronic season tickets? Asking for a friend, who is me, who does not believe that he has received his electronic season tickets.
They came electronically last week, Friday maybe.

They came electronically last week, Friday maybe.
Was it just by email or did you receive something by regular mail? I was remembering that everything has been electronic.

Just got an email, telling me to check the wake sports app. All the tickets were there and parking passes. Also got a FedEx envelope with hard copy parking passes the same day.

Driving to Clemson for the game on the on Oct. 7th but still trying decide which home game to make the trip up for. Right now it is between the GT and NC State games, which out of the two would y'all pick?

Also only position groups I'm really all that worried about are DB and OL. Plenty of experience at DB but they were by far the worst unit on the team last year imo. Also, also does anybody have an idea of who is most likely to get the start at nickel? For the OL to only have two returning starters out of the five is also concerning, especially with how deep the ACC is at DL this year. Feel like all of the other positions are more reload than rebuild at this point and I don't think we'll see much of a drop off from Hartman to Griffis or at WR.

Maybe it's just anecdotal, but I feel like we lose a LB for the year every year in August.
Off top of my head, can't remember anybody other than DJ Taylor, who missed all of 2019 because of a torn ACL that happened when he wasn't even on a football field.

What kills you here is Robinson is the third LB they've lost if you're looking at the roster 2 months ago. There was the freshman who left in the summer (Jaquez Keyes) and the second-year guy who was medically DQ'd (Tommy Bebie).

They still feel good about the top 5, though. That's Chase Jones, Dylan Hazen, Quincy Bryant, Jacob Roberts and Aiden Hall. I think that's still enough to handle losing Robinson ... but they have zero room for error (or injury).

Off top of my head, can't remember anybody other than DJ Taylor, who missed all of 2019 because of a torn ACL that happened when he wasn't even on a football field.

What kills you here is Robinson is the third LB they've lost if you're looking at the roster 2 months ago. There was the freshman who left in the summer (Jaquez Keyes) and the second-year guy who was medically DQ'd (Tommy Bebie).

They still feel good about the top 5, though. That's Chase Jones, Dylan Hazen, Quincy Bryant, Jacob Roberts and Aiden Hall. I think that's still enough to handle losing Robinson ... but they have zero room for error (or injury).
When you say top 5, is that the ILB starting 1 or 2, or LB as a whole including rushers, starting 3 or 4?

Top 5 for LB as a position in general.

"There's five guys for two positions, so we've gotta keep those guys healthy" was Clawson's quote today.

Back