• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official EDM/Trance/Progressive Thread

Who is your favorite EDM/house/trance/progressive artist?

• Total voters
I can't imagine being at a festival like that. That's a really good documentary, if only because it shows just how big dance music is, and how much bigger it can get.
Went to EDC NYC and then EDC Vegas this year. EDC NYC was pretty cool (similar to the documentary) but Vegas just completely blew it out of the water. 7 stages, hundred thousand people there each night, and almost any EDM artist you can hope for is there.

And after 3 days at a festival with 100k+ people there each night, I honestly don't remember seeing a single fight. The "good vibes" at these festivals are just amazing.

There's a documentary on Netflix streaming about Electric Daisy. Pretty amazing spectacle of WTF.

When I was at EDC NY (NJ) there were a ton of people who were going overboard to be part of the scene, plenty who knew what they were doing and were naturally a part of the scene but were there primarily for the music and plenty of 'normal' people too that just wanted to hear the music. I was probably described as the normal dude that was the writer's friend. When I went to Kaskade in June I'm pretty sure I was the only one with a beard again and some of my friends who had never experienced it before were all WTF. Its definitely interesting but the music brings together a lot of people and they all arent frat bros or girls who just wanna slut it up. I didn't see too many people that were too drunk or drugged out considering the size of each show. If I had Netflix I'd definitely check that out.

Last edited:
Went to EDC NYC and then EDC Vegas this year. EDC NYC was pretty cool (similar to the documentary) but Vegas just completely blew it out of the water. 7 stages, hundred thousand people there each night, and almost any EDM artist you can hope for is there.

And after 3 days at a festival with 100k+ people there each night, I honestly don't remember seeing a single fight. The "good vibes" at these festivals are just amazing.

Someone needs to win the lottery or something so I can go to Tomorrowland

Someone needs to win the lottery or something so I can go to Tomorrowland
My one friend found out he can't get off work so that kind of puts a dampener into the plans, but still not giving up. Means I am more likely to be doing EDC Vegas again with our normal crew, but I'm still trying for Tomorrowland.

My one friend found out he can't get off work so that kind of puts a dampener into the plans, but still not giving up. Means I am more likely to be doing EDC Vegas again with our normal crew, but I'm still trying for Tomorrowland.

I will live vicariously through you

Literally the only thing I don't like about living in Baltimore is that most of the acts skip over DC and don't go to Baltimore. Its not like there haven't been big crowds, Ryan Raddon tweeted after the Baltimore show that it was on an epic scale. Of course he could just do it for most shows as a marketing thing. On occasion we get good shows (aforementioned Kaskade, Above and Beyond) but there are so many that I'd love to see at Glow or the new Echostage.

Just seeing now that Big Gigantic and Grizzly will be playing at Ziggy's Tuesday night. Highly recommend for anyone even mildly interested.

558832_10151185740548145_732186382_n.jpg

Rocking the last episode of Above & Beyond's Trance Around the World (episode 450), four hours DJed by Jody Wisternoff, Andrew Beyer, Norin & Rad, and Matzo from Bangalore, India then the first episode of Group Therapy from the same night by Above and Beyond themselves. Six hours...weeee

I was pretty sad that it was the last TATW, but really happy it turns out they are still doing it just changing the name to Above and Beyond Group Therapy. But 450 was a great set, I really enjoyed Norin & Rads set.

Saw Big Gigantic at ziggys, they have really gotten much better then when I used to see them in CO when I lived out there. Great show and production, would highly recommend seeing them live.

Great site for radio shows / edm tunes if anyone is interested. edmtunes.com

Pitbull's version of Funky Vodka is leaking onto the radio, it's terrible but I'm sure it'll be top 40 for awhile

Am I seriously researching flights for Tomorrowland?

Oh boy.

A friend that I wouldn't expect it from randomly sent me a message today talking about how he wanted to go. So here we are.

Will have to plan it out and see if I can swing it but bye monies!

BUKU lineup in New Orleans is solid. Sad that it's already become a better artist draw than Voodoo Fest.

buku-2013-festival-poster.jpeg

Seems to have mellowed from Kitsch Genius.

End of the year mix/podcast time!

Back