• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Election Month Thread: COUP falls short, nothing to see here

She's getting primaried by Palin if she stays R. If she switches to Independent if GA is split, it's 50-49 R and McConnell is still majority leader. Why not go a step further?

Murkowski's window of opportunity to leave the republicans and organize with the democrats doesn't become meaningful until two things happen:
1. Democratic Party wins at least one of Georgia's Senate seats.
2. California governor appoints a replacement for Kamala Harris.

If the Georgia Senate elections split, the Senate will be 51/49. (For this discussion, Bernie Sanders counts as a D.) From whenever Harris resigns until her successor is appointed, it will be 51/48. Only after January 20 and the appointment of Harris' successor would a switch to independent give Murkowski any leverage.

50-49-1, with VP Kamala Harris breaking any tie votes.

I expect Harris to resign before January to give her successor a few days seniority over the other newly elected Senators.

ETA: Most probably, Harris resigns shortly after the electoral college meets Dec 5 and officially declares her elected vice president. That way her successor could be appointed and sworn in before the current Congress adjourns.

Last edited:
Seems collins would have a better opportunity to turn indy. Maine regularly elects dems.

Her claim to integrity is basically “I’m less shitty than my colleagues.” Not sure I buy it.

Just catching up on this thread but holy shit what an embarrassment you are.

Thank you. I appreciate your kind words.
Just another example of the shaming that takes place here when anyone has a different opinion than the Gang. T’is you all who should be ashamed of yourselves.

I mean, if you want to live in a fantasy world where it's perfectly OK for a losing president to pressure state authorities to overturn/delay/obstruct the clear results of a democratic election, and you don't want to be called out for living in that fantasy world, I understand there's this app called Parler and they'd be happy to welcome you into the cult. Probably have to deal with a lot of ads for guns, gold bars, and prepper supplies though.

Kind of interesting how Poo claims he has much better things to do than worry about this election, but responds within five minutes whenever anyone calls him on his shit.

Thank you. I appreciate your kind words.
Just another example of the shaming that takes place here when anyone has a different opinion than the Gang. T’is you all who should be ashamed of yourselves.

you're the one who is asking everyone else to pretend that their realities are skewed. That's what's sad about this. I understand you don't like Trump, but you're also providing a lot of excuses and air cover for his idiotic shenanigans by trying to normalize them.

You have such important things to do that you spend a weekend antagonizing people on a sports message board? I guess if you can convince yourself that the GOP has turned the page and is back to normal, you can convince yourself of anything.

you're the one who is asking everyone else to pretend that their realities are skewed. That's what's sad about this. I understand you claim that you don't like Trump, but you're also providing a lot of excuses and air cover for his idiotic shenanigans by trying to normalize them.
Fixed

you're the one who is asking everyone else to pretend that their realities are skewed. That's what's sad about this. I understand you don't like Trump, but you're also providing a lot of excuses and air cover for his idiotic shenanigans by trying to normalize them.

This.

Pops and other pubs are pretending that any of this is just "normal politics." Its beyond crazy and I truly don't understand the mental gymnastics needed to convince yourself there is nothing to see here. Business as usual everybody!

wow this election sure had a lot of issues. shoulda worked them out before, seems like they were correctable.

DD, no one is making excuses, providing air cover or saying anything here is "normal".
I'm only suggesting that we shouldn't be surprised by all this, that it is within the Admins rights to "contest" if they wish.
Is anything coming of it, no. And it will stay that way until he disappears into the darkness.
The Gang despises Trump, abhors what he is doing and wants him to hand off like a gentleman. Fine, but c'mon, IT AIN'T GOING TO F"IN HAPPEN!!
The guy is as dysfunctional as it comes. But if he and his supporters want to carry on with this charade, it continues to be what it is.
We should be concentrating on the "what's next", not the child in the WH. Just my opinion. Advocating treason. Please.....

Last edited:
DD, no one is making excuses, providing air cover or saying anything here is "normal". I'm only suggesting that we shouldn't be surprised by all this, that it is within the Admins rights to "contest" if they wish.
Is anything coming of it, no. And it will stay that way until he disappears into the darkness.
The Gang despises Trump, abhors what he is doing and wants him to hand off like a gentleman. Fine, but c'mon, IT AIN'T GOING TO F"IN HAPPEN!!
The guy is as dysfunctional as it comes. But if he and his supporters want to carry on with this charade, it continues to be what it is.
We should be concentrating on the "what's next", not the child in the WH. Just my opinion. Advocating treason. Please.....

Excuse after excuse for Trump and his anti democratic behavior. Putting aside that the fact that we are now beyond the "contest" the results of the election stage and are well into the manipulate to overturn the elections stage, where the fuck is the rest of the Republican Party standing up to this one dysfunctional guy that we should have expected to act like this? Why aren't McConnell et al. standing up to say, 'ok, enough is enough'? (Perhaps they think this will help with Georgia senate races?)

1 - he's showing he is not just going away or "disappear into darkness" January 20th.

2 - 70m people are enabling him. These are the kyle rittenhouse's of the world. They protest against science and reality while carrying assault weapons into state capitals.

3 - the Congressional gop has gone along with everything this guy has done with no repercussions. None. All in the name of trump juicing their campaigns with the same voters that believe nazis in Charlottesville are ok. Tear gassing peaceful protests is ok.

Every step of the way your party, and people like you, have looked the other way while downplaying your culpability by saying things like "don't worry he won't win" "gotta drain the swamp so I'll put up with his distasteful behavior" "he's just not a politician" "well, I don't like that but..." "sometimes God uses imperfect tools."

To paraphrase a few good men... the gop has only weakened a nation these last few years.

Well done pops.

DD, no one is making excuses, providing air cover or saying anything here is "normal". I'm only suggesting that we shouldn't be surprised by all this, that it is within the Admins rights to "contest" if they wish.

dude, the point I think people are trying to make to you is that if the GOP stopped accepting this shit as "not surprising" and "he is just dysfunctional," that would throw cold water on Trump's shit even more and douse it for good.

But by being complicit with it, you and the Mitch McConnel and Lindsay Graham are the ones allowing it to continue and fuck America up.

Your party is owned and operated by the Trump base, period. If they wanted to spitroast Biden's dogs on pay per view, you guys would turn the other cheek. You are helplessly in the palm of the hand of disgruntled rural whites in Wisconsin and Michigan and Ohio and Iowa and Texas.

It's a fucked up corner you people have painted yourselves into, I understand your dilemma. But you laid down with dogs, now you gotta deal with the fleas my man

One of the Republican candidates for 2021 VA governor, Amanda Chase, is all in on the "Stop the Steal" nonsense. If she wins, this probably reflects how she will govern during the 2022 and 2024 elections. Point is, there are implications beyond Republicans placating a pathetic, demented old man in the waning months of his presidency. Trump is creating and bolstering an demand for future GOP candidates to run on antidemocratic platforms.

Last edited:
Back