• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Hoops Coaching Search Thread - Welcome Danny Manning!!!

Maybe Manning has 1 year of eligibility left because of a loophole and he'll be our missing big for next year.

Probably not a new comment but I can't read all 600 pages to find out. If Manning was a candidate yesterday, he isn't now. I'm sure RW made it clear that any discussion he had should not have been made public. Manning deliberately violated that. He did that because he had no intention of coming to Wake and wants to use the interest shown by Wake as a bargaining chip with Tulsa.

What if Manning were still the top assistant at KU. Would you feel better about him?

burger-king-king-creeper.jpg

If as some some have suggested CP3 and Duncan have voiced their support of Manning isn't in good taste to at least make it appear that we're giving serious consideraton to a candidate their in favor of even if he's a ways down our list? I will be more than disapointed with a Manning hire but if it's just to keep some of our favorite son's on board with the process then that would make some sense to me. At least that's what I'm hoping.

I really hope you're right. But my impression is that Manning must be pretty high on the list and more that just an initial "are you interested" contact if Wellman is actually meeting with him. Especially this late in the search. Would lead me to think all those top tier hires have for some reason or another not panned out.

So that means he wasn't even in the top 10 at the start?

Brilliant, just bloody brilliant....:wtf:

Probably not a new comment but I can't read all 600 pages to find out. If Manning was a candidate yesterday, he isn't now. I'm sure RW made it clear that any discussion he had should not have been made public. Manning deliberately violated that. He did that because he had no intention of coming to Wake and wants to use the interest shown by Wake as a bargaining chip with Tulsa.

I want to believe +1

Did I miss the "Shaka Smart confirms he is not interested in Wake Forest" post anywhere in the media. Can't find the official lost hope of Smart in the 600+ Pages of this thread. Can someone please direct me to that so I can stop hoping.

ON NOTICE:

If as some some have suggested CP3 and Duncan have voiced their support of Manning isn't in good taste to at least make it appear that we're giving serious consideraton to a candidate their in favor of even if he's a ways down our list? I will be more than disapointed with a Manning hire but if it's just to keep some of our favorite son's on board with the process then that would make some sense to me. At least that's what I'm hoping.

Did I miss the "Shaka Smart confirms he is not interested in Wake Forest" post anywhere in the media. Can't find the official lost hope of Smart in the 600+ Pages of this thread. Can someone please direct me to that so I can stop hoping.

Follow Maya Smart on twitter. He's not coming here.

Man I suck. I'm embarrassed. Sorry guys. Will go back to sticking my head in the sand until we have a new coach.

Don't feel bad - I tried to forget it. Embarassing. I love CP3 but we retired the jersey of a player who scored less than 1000 points for us and never led us to a truly meaningful victory?

Then CP3 and Duncan need to get on board with Farouq. If they would all be a more active part of the program, that is a great draw for Shaka.

Back