• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Hoops Coaching Search Thread - Welcome Danny Manning!!!

This means he'll only have two more jobs before Wellman retires.

What about Stan Heath? Does he have a daughter at unemployable?

Looking forward to seeing our next coach take on some future ACC competition. Tune in to ESPN2.

Alphonso Smith ‏@AlphonsoSmith2 6m
I say we suspend the search for the new head BB coach & hire our own @r22childress .Let him hire veteran coaches to assist & recruit his way

Guess it's settled, then.

Alphonso Smith ‏@AlphonsoSmith2 6m
I say we suspend the search for the new head BB coach & hire our own @r22childress .Let him hire veteran coaches to assist & recruit his way

Guess it's settled, then.
I disagree with everything that dude tweets. Just awful.

For someone who was so good at (college) football, Alphonso is so bad at critical thinking.

Who else would Tennessee target besides Marshall?

Not Smart, I don't think, and I doubt Miller. But could be Marshall, Howland, Manning or White. Or maybe just a general observation that we're having a tough enough time, and we don't need another player in the game potentially mucking it up.

But if it does mean Marshall, that'd be fantastic. But I'm really not getting my hopes up on that front. Wouldn't Marshall be pissed we overlooked him 4 years ago and then spent the last week wooing Shaka instead of him? We might have to get a 2nd brinks truck just to get him to answer the phone. If we really spent the last week on Smart, and Smart has said no, I'm thinking the best we can do is Miller.

at least one of Larry Browns 22 kids is enrolled at SMU right now. That was never a factor in the NBA

Are we going to be turned down by Danny Manning? Holy Sister Francis. Just hire Chill and be done with it.

It really feels like Manning is trying to get a raise/extension from Tulsa out of our interest.

At least how things have been reported thus far.

Back