• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Hoops Coaching Search Thread - Welcome Danny Manning!!!

Because he's gone to the NCAAT 4 times, the Sweet 16 twice? Because he has much better resume than Manning?

Heck, [Redacted] had a better resume than Manning at the time.

Because he's gone to the NCAAT 4 times, the Sweet 16 twice? Because he has much better resume than Manning?

Heck, [Redacted] had a better resume than Manning at the time.

[Redacted] had zero road wins in, what, 4 seasons at Colorado?

Wait... you don't think the team in Dino's first year over-performed that season? Seriously?

Oh, and Dino only started looking for a job last season.

That team performed about where most expected. We didn't make the postseason.

I'm #ManUp and prefer Manning to Mack, but OGB made a pretty compelling case on another thread of how impressive Mack's coaching and recruiting resume is to date. He's also a few years younger than Manning, IIRC. Objectively speaking, Mack is probably a superior hire.

Does Manning have more road conference wins this year (6) than [Redacted] had at Colorado and Wake combined?

LEGIT?? OFFICIAL??

I'm #ManUp and prefer Manning to Mack, but OGB made a pretty compelling case on another thread of how impressive Mack's coaching and recruiting resume is to date. He's also a few years younger than Manning, IIRC. Objectively speaking, Mack is probably a superior hire.

do we know if Mack was a "real" candidate - did he say "no thanks"? Maybe Manning was the third choice after Shaka and Mack?

would we feel better knowing that?

Guys...I don't have time to go over this thread to see if this has been covered but I just got some info from a fairly reliable source (outside of the Wake community) that Manning has turned us down. We are doubling our efforts on Smart. This is a guy I trust but it is not first hand.

I would put that in the FWIW corner.

UP - College Sports ‏@UnivPrimetime 3m
Tulsa head coach Danny Manning will be the next head coach at Wake Forest. #WakeForest #ACC #Tulsa

Guys...I don't have time to go over this thread to see if this has been covered but I just got some info from a fairly reliable source (outside of the Wake community) that Manning has turned us down. We are doubling our efforts on Smart. This is a guy I trust but it is not first hand.

lol

Reactions: Ayo

l

o

l

Back