• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official NBA 2014-15 Season Thread: Dubs win Finals

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was definitely a poorly officiated game and the Clips got hurt more than the Spurs.

I mean that game just had blatantly poor officiating, esp in the 2nd half. unbelievably poor.

Serious question, is Paul the most competitive player in the league? Maybe behind Westbrook?

Reffing was insanely inconsistent and just plain terrible all the way around. Yes, the Clips whine a lot about calls but watching the game as a fan of neither team there were some really questionable calls on clips (also believe there were some others that were called (and same goes for spurs). The tech was just TERRIBLE. Out of all the things that coulda been given a tech in that game, that one isn't even close.

Also, I really hate the hack-a-player crap. It just ruins the flow and fun of a basketball game strategy or not. I looked up at it was after 1 am and this game had 10 minutes to go in the 4th quarter. No one wants to watch that crap extend a game for 30+ minutes. I hope there some way the NBA can make it to where it doesn't ruin the flow/excitement of a game

they should be able to either review all offensive goaltending calls because they don't happen that often and you can get them 100% right or just go to the fiba rules

that matt barnes offensive goaltending was even worse than the tech

Reffing was insanely inconsistent and just plain terrible all the way around. Yes, the Clips whine a lot about calls but watching the game as a fan of neither team there were some really questionable calls on clips (also believe there were some others that were called (and same goes for spurs). The tech was just TERRIBLE. Out of all the things that coulda been given a tech in that game, that one isn't even close.

Also, I really hate the hack-a-player crap. It just ruins the flow and fun of a basketball game strategy or not. I looked up at it was after 1 am and this game had 10 minutes to go in the 4th quarter. No one wants to watch that crap extend a game for 30+ minutes. I hope there some way the NBA can make it to where it doesn't ruin the flow/excitement of a game

Not tipping off at 10:30 EST is a good start. The game was still very exciting even with the slowdown.

The only thing I can imagine that would warrant a tech right there is if when he passed the ball he mouthed off to the ref. OBviously we can't tell, but it is pretty easy to image that CP3 would say something right there as a part of that pass to the ref.

Seriously? He didn't even have time to mouth off there.

the ref prob knew it was a questionable no-call on the play right before (a couple over the backs could have been called) and was expecting to get crap

"Great observation. This season you will notice a change in how we enforce the delay of game penalty based on conversations with the Competition Committee. It's not a "no-touch" provision, but players will no longer be permitted to direct the ball after it clears the net. Going forward, an offensive player who catches the ball after a made basket and passes it to a referee will receive a delay of game warning (if team's first delay) or a delay of game penalty if it's their second. "

http://www.nba.com/2013/news/10/24/ask-donnie-q-and-a/

Not saying I agree with the tech there. But Paul didn't just flip it to the ref, it was certainly delivered with a bit of anger. I don't recall an earlier delay of game being called. Would be interesting if that was the case.

Simmons was saying that Blake had spat on the floor in front a ref earlier over a call? Maybe the tech on Paul was just a cumulative team effort (especially with Doc just hammering the refs all night)?

It's still an awful, awful, awful call to make in that situation. Just terrible.

Inconsistent officiating at best. the nba should be able to use replay effectively to get more calls correct. Definitely should review the tech.

There was no delay of game warning, that's not what the call was.

The call was CP threw it too hard and maybe gave a stinkeye and the ref caught feelings and called a tech and probably had to rub his wubbie later about it

"Great observation. This season you will notice a change in how we enforce the delay of game penalty based on conversations with the Competition Committee. It's not a "no-touch" provision, but players will no longer be permitted to direct the ball after it clears the net. Going forward, an offensive player who catches the ball after a made basket and passes it to a referee will receive a delay of game warning (if team's first delay) or a delay of game penalty if it's their second. "

http://www.nba.com/2013/news/10/24/ask-donnie-q-and-a/

Not saying I agree with the tech there. But Paul didn't just flip it to the ref, it was certainly delivered with a bit of anger. I don't recall an earlier delay of game being called. Would be interesting if that was the case.

It was a chest pass.

Simmons was saying that Blake had spat on the floor in front a ref earlier over a call? Maybe the tech on Paul was just a cumulative team effort (especially with Doc just hammering the refs all night)?

It's still an awful, awful, awful call to make in that situation. Just terrible.

spitting on the court is awful. Matt Barnes was on tv last game spitting on the floor. Can't say I've ever noticed that in a game before.

spitting on the court is awful. Matt Barnes was on tv last game spitting on the floor. Can't say I've ever noticed that in a game before.

There no question that the Clips can be a super bitchy bunch.

That tech call was ludicrous though. Hit someone with one for spitting if that's what you're going to do. Chest passing for an inbounds? Bush league tech.

the tech, the barnes goaltend, the travel, the call on crawford against parker when parker grabbed him and fell down were all terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back