• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official OGBoards Golf Thread

After I got the right clubhead and shaft, it appears to be maybe 10 longer that the Taylormade I've been hitting. Really wondering if 96 mph is good for a 66 year old or were they peeing on my leg. Trackman said the carry was 240 at 96 mph.

66 as well and 96mph is more than reasonable for us. I've been as low as high 80's but now sitting high 90's-low 100's hitting the Epic which you should try. Oh, and I'll take 240 carry all day long. Getting old is a bitch.

Went to the range today and grooved some really bad shit in advance of my lesson tomorrow.

Weird round today. Started with three straight bogies, then played the next 14 holes -1 (a birdie and 13 pars) only to close it out with another bogey. Not going to complain about 75, though.

Golf trip to Pinehurst with a few friends this weekend.

Friday - CCNC Cardinal and Mid Pines
Saturday - CCNC Dogwood and Pine Needles
Sunday - Pinehurst #7 (which I haven't played since a middle school golf match in like 1999. Interested to see what kind of course it is.)

Is that an actual game a lot of people play? Or is it like a joke thing that a few people play. Seems like way too much for me to even enjoy the game I am playing.

Sunday - Pinehurst #7 (which I haven't played since a middle school golf match in like 1999. Interested to see what kind of course it is.)

Nice; enjoy.

Jealous. Enjoy it.

Grandfather should be in great shape. Last day of the NC Senior Am is today. They have the greens running between 12-12.5 so definitely stay below the hole.

Yeah, so Grandfather lived up to the hype. Too bad I'm not a better lag putter :(, that course will punish you if your speed control is off on the greens. Still, was an awesome few days (2 rounds there, 1 at Linville Ridge, and the temps never got above 65). And the staff at the course was amazing, rolled out the red carpet for the event.

Since someone talked about wolf hammer, what are some of everyones favorite games/bets to play on the course?

Ok, here is a question: how many practice swings do you take before each shot? I take zero but might flip the club back and forth a few times before a chip/pitch. Guys I played with this weekend take a legit two to three practice swings before each shot.

I grew up with guys that can play 36 holes in 4.5 hours as a sixsome. This past weekend we averaged over 4 hours on empty courses. Drives me insane.

Ok, here is a question: how many practice swings do you take before each shot? I take zero but might flip the club back and forth a few times before a chip/pitch. Guys I played with this weekend take a legit two to three practice swings before each shot.

I grew up with guys that can play 36 holes in 4.5 hours as a sixsome. This past weekend we averaged over 4 hours on empty courses. Drives me insane.

I just do a little half swing to get my takeback on line, rarely ever take a full practice swing unless I'm really needing to pure a shot past what i normally hit the club

One.

Played Baltimore Country Club's East Course earlier this week. It's a Tillinghast course open since circa 1920. It was absolutely unreal condition. The East Course is a classic Golden Age course. I highly recommend the to anyone that can get on.

Since someone talked about wolf hammer, what are some of everyones favorite games/bets to play on the course?

Wolf Hammer is new favorite game. Took a few holes to get it, but once people understood, it's a lot of back and forth.

Other than that, wolf, 6's, baseball/9 dot with 3-somes, best/worst if I'm feeling too good about myself (2v2, 3v3, etc... and add the best score and the worst score on each hole for each team)

Back