• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official OGBoards Golf Thread

Surprised to see someone rank the Portland course that highly. To me, Portland was the course where Troon let‘s the ladies play.

Those were the 5 courses we played in Scotland, and then went to Ireland. Only me and one other buddy played the Portland course, while the rest of the party drank/rested. We carried our own clubs, and I think it was free. So yeah, nothing too special.

I got to play Yeamans Hall Club a couple of weeks ago and absolutely loved it. Highly recommend.

Played Dye Preserve in Jupiter, FL over the break. It's a great private track down there, but very tough. While we were out there, our caddy find a ball with the Greg Norman shark on it. He was apparently on the course a couple of holes in front of us. Following the round, my buddy takes out to lunch. Norman, Daniel Berger (a member) and Wesley Bryan (also a member) were all eating lunch next to us. That was pretty cool.

Also returned to Streamsong for a couple of rounds and to play the new Black course. All I can say it, if you have the opportunity to go - do it. I have played a lot of places and nothing is like this place. It's phenomenal. The golf courses and terrain are unreal and unlike anything on the East Coast. I always play in winter, so I can't talk about any other time. We walked a round with a caddie and rode with a forecaddie. Most fun I have had on a course in a long time. Also, the Black has an 18 hole putting course behind clubhouse which is sick. You really can't beat this place. Go!

I'm sure its been posted about before but I don't want to go back and look. I'm going to scottsdale in April and looking to play 3-5 rounds thurs-sun. For anyone who's been what are the cant misses and the ones that you should avoid.

Thanks in advance.

I'm sure its been posted about before but I don't want to go back and look. I'm going to scottsdale in April and looking to play 3-5 rounds thurs-sun. For anyone who's been what are the cant misses and the ones that you should avoid.

Thanks in advance.
To piggy back onto this...I'm heading to Scottsdale at the end of the month for the Waste Management Open. Anyone been before and have any advice?

We'll be attending the tournament Friday and Saturday. Initial thoughts were get there early one of the two days and spend the day in the stadium.

I've been thinking about a Scottsdale trip also so I'm looking forward to the responses. Was thinking about Presidents Day but we decided to do San Francisco instead. A friend joined Olympic Club so I'm looking forward to playing it for the first time.

To piggy back onto this...I'm heading to Scottsdale at the end of the month for the Waste Management Open. Anyone been before and have any advice?

We'll be attending the tournament Friday and Saturday. Initial thoughts were get there early one of the two days and spend the day in the stadium.

You'll have to get there very early. We got there on Saturday last year around 11 and there was an hour or more wait to get in, unless you had VIP. We passed, and walked the course. I think I remember the areas around 12, 16, and 8 being where we hung out mostly.

It was for a bachelor party, so my memory is pretty hazy. Also, the line getting in the gates was/is crazy long as well. Pretty sure they broke the record for the most people at a golf tournament with ~205,000. Definitely a fun experience.

^ I basically had the same experience that TW did but it happened last year. If you want to sit in the Stadium you will have to get there early or wait in a long ass line. Tourney "breaks the attendance record" every single year and we had little problem getting in but probably depends on when you get out there. Watching the drunk ASU girls is a lot of fun and watching them fall down the hills in while they are trying to navigate the golf course in 4 inch stilettos will make your day a few times.

^ I basically had the same experience that TW did but it happened last year. If you want to sit in the Stadium you will have to get there early or wait in a long ass line. Tourney "breaks the attendance record" every single year and we had little problem getting in but probably depends on when you get out there. Watching the drunk ASU girls is a lot of fun and watching them fall down the hills in while they are trying to navigate the golf course in 4 inch stilettos will make your day a few times.

Yep - we guessed that at least 25% of the people there never see/notice a single golf shot. Maybe 50%. Kind of like the Carolina Cup of golf tournaments, from back in the Wake pastel polo days.

Yep - we guessed that at least 25% of the people there never see/notice a single golf shot. Maybe 50%. Kind of like the Carolina Cup of golf tournaments, from back in the Wake pastel polo days.

A ton of people treat Nats games this way too. Just use the Red Porch as another place to get wasted. I'm fine with it.

To get a decent seat in the Stadium...how early are you talking?

And wonder if it'd be better to do that Friday since we'd see more people go through and (I think) they'd come through earlier.

To get a decent seat in the Stadium...how early are you talking?

And wonder if it'd be better to do that Friday since we'd see more people go through and (I think) they'd come through earlier.

I would imagine Friday is better all around. Less crowds, more golfers.

We played Camelback Golf Club last year, I just remembered. Several non-golfers in our group, and no one wanted to spend the big bucks to play Troon North or similar. It was a pretty solid course, and a great time. Very laid back.

Yea friday would be a much better day to do the stadium for sure. Won't be quite the same crowd but will still be great.

Re Scottsdale, I love We-ko-pa (both courses are great), Troon North (both courses are good), and Grayhawk. If you want to drive a little further, Ak-chin Dunes and Dinosaur Mountain are both good. One of the Talking Stick courses in pretty good.

Thanks in advance.

It's been a long time since I went, but We-Ko-Pa is a great public facility.

Play the TPC course as well. Should be in mint condition.

I just got back from a conference in Scottsdale, and got to play absolutely no golf. So I hit this thread and it now I feel much worse about not playing. Thanks, all.

Back