• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official OGBoards Golf Thread

Also, first round since September tomorrow. Finally cleared by my surgeon to play

jokes on jokes

Chris, it's fine to suck on the course, just for the love of god suck quickly. Keep up the pace of play and hack away. We all did at one point, some (read: me) still do.

jokes on jokes

Only twice were there people waiting for us and both times, we let them go ahead on the next hole.

And we're back to me wanting to throw away my clubs......

Shot a 37 on the back today (with a double) to come in with an 82.....

Then your issue was the 45 on the front, not the 37 on the back. What's your handicap that you're ready to retire/quit with an 82?

Played twice during my week at the beach, down in Wilmington. 102 at Carolina National, couldn't hit a damn thing. 2 days later, a 90 (pretty good for me) at Cape Fear National, hitting the all living shit out of my 3H (230+ off the tee, usually dead straight), on greens aerated 2 days prior. Golf is such a silly game. Still wish I could hit my driver consistently at all, need to work on that.

I hope I get to play Cape Fear National on nicer greens someday, but I'm always there the week of Memorial Day and they aerate on Tuesday and Wednesday. First world problems.

I know your pain. Shot an 80 yesterday after ending double bogey-bogey. Followed it with an 81 today. Loved birdieing the 533 yard par 5 at Pinebrook today after hitting the green in two.

Handicap keeps dropping.

It seems like these boards have the highest concentration of good golfers on the planet. I played for my fricking HS team too

Played Saturday and Sunday at my home course. Same tees, pretty much the same conditions. Shot 71 Saturday and followed it up with an 86 yesterday. Hit 5 balls ob off the tee. It's amazing two consecutive days can be so different.

Then your issue was the 45 on the front, not the 37 on the back. What's your handicap that you're ready to retire/quit with an 82?

Not the score. Just the way it happened. Not that I should be shocked, seeing as golf sucks

Played Saturday and Sunday at my home course. Same tees, pretty much the same conditions. Shot 71 Saturday and followed it up with an 86 yesterday. Hit 5 balls ob off the tee. It's amazing two consecutive days can be so different.
15 stroke difference in back-to-back days?

Ok, Rory.

Any of you guys know a lot about club fitting or shafts?
I currently play the R1 with a stiff shaft (aldila RIP phenom). I am quite inconsistent with the club, my miss seems to be a low hook. My ball flight is not as high as I'd like even on the good ones. I've upped the loft to 12 degrees with some help, I'm honestly not sure how else to set up the R1 to make it work better for me. Transition to yesterday, tried a Demo Callaway Big Bertha with a stiff shaft (Mitsubushi Fubuki zeta). I hit the thing four times. Every one straight as an arrow and between 290-315 (yes I hit the ball that far, rest of my game is average at best). Beyond the new club phenomenon, is there something I can do to set up my R1 like the Big Bertha (i.e. settings or new shaft?) I just got the R1 a year or so ago, hate to drop $400 on a new club.

Beyond the new club phenomenon, is there something I can do to set up my R1 like the Big Bertha (i.e. settings or new shaft?) I just got the R1 a year or so ago, hate to drop $500 on a new club.

FIFY. Big Bertha is 100-200 bucks more than every other driver on the market depending on which version you want

So part of my issue may be that I upped the loft and didn't account for the face angle. At max loft on the R1 (12 degrees) the face is shut 4 degrees. So you have to adjust the face to the open position # 3 to account for this and square the face. I'll have to update with playing results next time I'm out there.

My dad is playing with Dan Walters, asst. coach under haas, at Forsyth for a First Tee tournament.
Walters posted a 63 yesterday. He says the pins were in clown mouth spots, but only so much they can do when he hits every fairways and 18 greens

Last edited:
54 straight yesterday at Bulle Rock. Such a great track. Nothing like getting your teeth kicked in for 3 rounds and loving every minute of it... Solid way to spend a day.

Playing a scramble tournament with a bunch of not too serious golf buddies this weekend. Bringing two teams of the following ability (all handicaps besides mine are estimates as they don't actually keep track):

My team: 7, 15, 15, 20
Other guys: 25, 30, 30, 40

Any predictions for what these two teams shoot? I'll expect each team will purchase 4 mulligans and distance of course is 6779.

Back