• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official OGBoards Golf Thread

agreed..though in this particular instance I was sober. It was like I forgot how to swing the club on the back nine. It can go so far so fast sometimes.

Recently joined Maple Chase (formerly Pinebrook). Looks really great but haven't had a chance to play out there yet.

What changes were made from the old layout? I know they lengthened some tees, anything else? Excited to get out there and play.

Recently joined Maple Chase (formerly Pinebrook). Looks really great but haven't had a chance to play out there yet.

What changes were made from the old layout? I know they lengthened some tees, anything else? Excited to get out there and play.

They wouldn't throw in a round before you signed on the dotted line?

Getting ready to go play Glen Dornoch this afternoon in Myrtle. Anyone played it? Any advice?

If I remember correctly, Glen Dornoch is the one with the long, dogleg finishing hole that tempts you to drive across the marsh/water and shorten the hole considerably. Several of us went for it and decided it was farther than it looked. So don't try to bite off too much....FWIW.

But that was a cold January day, 8 or 9 years ago. So this advice might be useless today. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Getting ready to go play Glen Dornoch this afternoon in Myrtle. Anyone played it? Any advice?

I've played it before. If I recall correctly there is a fairway with a tree right in the middle. Unless you are playing the forward tees, lay back with a hybrid and hit your second shot over the tree.

That's about all I remember about the course.

Has anyone used the Swing By Swing app for Android? This thing is pretty amazing. GPS range finder, club tracker, etc.

http://www.swingbyswing.com/

pebble-hole8-intermediate-view.png

Last edited:
Played three days in a row this past weekend at Shawnee on the Delaware in PA, where Arnie met Winnie. They have a really neat timeline map of significant events at the course outside the pro shop. I didn't know that Hale Irwin won the 1967 NCAA championship there.

Any of you high rollers out there want to buy a golf course?

Crooked Creek Golf Club in Fuquay-Varina is up for sale- really unique course with 100 foot elevation on the back nine.

Decent track.. I've played it a few times. What's the asking price?

I need new golf shoes and don't feel like dropping $250 to look awesome. Has anybody tried these Footjoy Project M shoes?

I need new golf shoes and don't feel like dropping $250 to look awesome. Has anybody tried these Footjoy Project M shoes?

Had a pair. They're ok. Run big and lost spikes pretty easily. Just got the adizero. Super light and comfortable. You can get them new on eBay for about $75

Had a pair. They're ok. Run big and lost spikes pretty easily. Just got the adizero. Super light and comfortable. You can get them new on eBay for about $75

Yeah, I read a review or two about losing spikes. Maybe I'll go with the spikeless. Inexpensive though.

Yeah, I read a review or two about losing spikes. Maybe I'll go with the spikeless. Inexpensive though.

Depends on your swing if you can handle spikeless and the Adizero since Adizero has a couple different spike patterns from 5 spikes to like 7-8.

I have a so-called "Violent swing" so I can't do the spikeless cuz my feet will go all over the place

Good point. My game is an all out assault on good taste and beauty, so maybe I should stick with the spikes.

Back