• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Pit Job Search/Employment Thread

Looking for advice from some lawyers on the board who have changed firms as a lateral partner hire. I’ve been approached to
open up an office for a regional firm moving into my state. If you’ve got experience in this realm, I would appreciate a dm to pick your brain about your experience.

He did work in Lyon before being transferred back to the Gate City, so its definitely an option if you get on with that division.

Where does a Lyon to Greensboro transfer rank on the all-time list of "we're trying to run you off by relocating you" moves? It has to be right behind Honolulu to Beirut.

I love to get rejected for roles where everything listed in the job description is in my resume and cover letter. All those keywords for the AI. I know it’s common, just venting.

I've got an open post-doc position available. Looking for someone with a PhD in Ecology, Wildlife Science, or Statistics to work on some stochasitc and low information wildlife population modeling and some optimal allocation decision analysis stuff. PM me for details!

I've got an open post-doc position available. Looking for someone with a PhD in Ecology, Wildlife Science, or Statistics to work on some stochasitc and low information wildlife population modeling and some optimal allocation decision analysis stuff. PM me for details!
damn, in the humanities we aren't allowed to hire postdocs to help us with our work

$58K looks good but that's only $13K more than I made for my post-doc 20 years ago.

Not even with grant funding?
It happens occasionally here, but regularly in the UK and EU because their funding and reward structures encourage big, collaborative projects

But research in the humanities just isn't always conducive to that kind of collaboration. American postdocs will never get a permanent job if their postdoc work is on someone else's project. They need to be doing their own work

My post-doc wasn’t specifically connected to my PhD research but I’ve turned that post-doc experience into a 20 year career.

$58K looks good but that's only $13K more than I made for my post-doc 20 years ago.
It’s above average in my program, and above the $56k NIH standard post doc salary for 2023 when I wrote the budgets and got the funding. My problem here is that I could pay more but it’s a fixed total from the grants so the more I pay the shorter the duration of the position.

Back