• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official thread about the movie you just saw

If you like documentaries and haven't seen this it should be on the top of your list.

If you like documentaries and haven't seen this it should be on the top of your list.

Have you even seen any decent documentaries in the past five and a half years or do you just keep watching Searching for Sugar Man on loop ?

https://www.ogboards.com/forums/sho...ssion-Thread?p=1042750&viewfull=1#post1042750

12-17-2012, 09:55 PM
That is good. Searching For Sugar Man is the best film and best documentary of the year. To me it's the best documentary I've ever seen.

Last edited:
https://www.ogboards.com/forums/sho...lant-Magazine)?p=974938&viewfull=1#post974938

11-11-2012, 03:27 PM
You are the one being pompous and arrogant. You are the one telling me you know "a fuck ton more about film criticism" than I do.

You're the one defending those who a movie that is nearly universally considered one of worst movies of the decade. In fact, the anti-Hollywood group that gives out the Razzies gave their awards for worst actress, worst screenplay, worst director, worst ensemble acting, worst original song and worst movie of 1995.

The last thing anyone hear complains about me is being a part of "group think" about anything. I don't give a rat's ass if something is popular.

In fact one of the things people on the board like about my movie threads is I find films that haven't made it to many markets. A case in point last month was Searching For Sugar Man.

This is a bogus list created by self-indulgent, self-important hipsters.

SEARCHING FOR SUGAR MAN -MUST SEE (especially Townie and music posters)

09-19-2012, 07:13 PM
Rarely would I say this about a documentary. Even rarer about a modest budget film about something/someone I had never heard of before seeing the film.

If anyone pitched this story as a work of fiction, no studio would believe it. It's mythical, but it's also very real and human.

I don't want to tell too much of the story, because you will want to discover it yourself. It's one that could not happen today but because of today we are able to learn of it and marvel at all the twists and turns.

We see kids from an awful place and time learn about hope from a person who becomes a legend without ever knowing it is happening.

There's a man who was everyman with a magical talent. His humility and humanity are even larger.

PLEASE don't do any research other than to see if it's playing where you live. Live the story as you see it on the screen. It will be much better.

RJ, how much was the popcorn and drinks at the theater when you went to see SEARCHING FOR SUGAR MAN ?
Hmmmm... I saw this awhile ago. It was ok. Sounds like RJ prolly knows someone who was involved with the film so he pimped it out harrrrrrd.

Hmmmm... I saw this awhile ago. It was ok. Sounds like RJ prolly knows someone who was involved with the film so he pimped it out harrrrrrd.

I guess a "just OK" flick would win:

Oscar
BAFTA (British Oscar)
Directors Guild
Producers Guild
Writers Guild
National Board of Review

And several others...you should be so "just OK" at your job..

Hey Cayamount how many Oscars have you won at your job ?

Last edited:

The review of this movie sounds almost the same as the fake review RJ wrote about his own book Lolololololol. Here he is reviewing his own book.

This one's a page-turner! The excitement never lets up as Rick takes you through his stranger-than-fiction story of trying to get his movie made.

I would recommend curling up with your favorite beverage while you read "A Story Almost Told," except you might forget to take a sip, you'll be so engrossed in the book.

I eagerly await Rick's next work!

Last edited:
I guess a "just OK" flick would win:

Oscar
BAFTA (British Oscar)
Directors Guild
Producers Guild
Writers Guild
National Board of Review

And several others...you should be so "just OK" at your job..

At least I don't endorse myself with a fake LinkedIn account homie.

'gringo' was very entertaining. I didn't look at ratings before I saw it... The green tomato isn't a huge surprise but it it definitely in my top 5 of '18 so far (I've seen ~27)

Back